Crow hopping

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
Who pulled a gun on you and forced you to read it and comment about it instead of just going to the next post?
The rule clarification regarding this was posted way way way back at the beginning of this 7 pages of nonsense, and it has been pointed out several times along the way that if the pitcher is legally dragging then there is nothing illegal about it, yet people are still arguing about the replant. Several umpires have commented and tried to provide the correct information and yet the argument continues. Do you want to know what the rule really is or not? I guess you all prefer to continue to yell and scream at umpires about something you are wrong about.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mar 28, 2014
The rule clarification regarding this was posted way way way back at the beginning of this 7 pages of nonsense, and it has been pointed out several times along the way that if the pitcher is legally dragging then there is nothing illegal about it, yet people are still arguing about the replant. Several umpires have commented and tried to provide the correct information and yet the argument continues. Do you want to know what the rule really is or not? I guess you all prefer to continue to yell and scream at umpires about something you are wrong about.

You have completely misread things if you think a replant is legal.

Jun 22, 2008
Have you read the rule clarification? As long as the pivot foot drags away there is nothing that says it cannot bear weight again. The delivery is referred to as a push drag push or crow drag delivery and is legal. But you can go ahead an keep arguing if you like. 7 pages of bs that was answered on page 1? I ask again, do you want to know what the rule really is or do you want to go on screaming about something you are apparently misinformed on or refuse to accept the answer. Either way I'm done, you all can continue to argue about it amongst yourselves.

Sep 29, 2014
@Comp I really wanted to know which is why I asked the question if this quote was the actual NCAA rule?
NCAA 2018/19 - 10.4.6 The pitcher is not allowed to hop or drag to a replant (crowhop), gain a second starting point and push off her pivot foot. Once having lost contact with the pitcher’s plate, the pivot foot may trail on the ground but may not bear weight again until the pitch is released.

If this is not the rule fine. If this is the rule but the NCAA umpire directors have a written POE that states as long as the pivot foot remains in contact with the ground (push drag push) a crowhop is not possible fine. If the answer is the NCAA umpires have gotten together and because they all like their jobs and would like to keep getting assigned games they have decided en masse they are simply not calling IP unless it is an obvious leap....not fine

Jun 22, 2008
I don't believe this thread started out about NCAA. NCAA has many many rule differences and I'm not going to try and speculate as to what their directives may be regarding this. But as for USA and nfhs, the clarification is pretty clear that as long as the pitcher drags the foot they are legal.

Mar 28, 2014
I don't believe this thread started out about NCAA. NCAA has many many rule differences and I'm not going to try and speculate as to what their directives may be regarding this. But as for USA and nfhs, the clarification is pretty clear that as long as the pitcher drags the foot they are legal.

We are talking about when the pitcher doesn't drag her foot but thanks for participating none the less.

Jun 22, 2008
We are talking about when the pitcher doesn't drag her foot but thanks for participating none the less.

Then there is no need to even discuss the replant because if the pitcher is leaping they are already illegal. Argue about the leap, not the replant.

Mar 28, 2014
Then there is no need to even discuss the replant because if the pitcher is leaping they are already illegal. Argue about the leap, not the replant.
That just semantics. Live and let live. If we want to talk about the weather, why would you care? Do you often go up to people you don't know and tell them to stop discussing what they are discussing?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478