critiques / help wanted

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 11, 2014
Kingsville, Texas
I am by no means a pitching coach but have worked with my daughter on things that I have learned over time. Most of what she knows is from Sarah Pauley. She has worked with her for a few months but hasn't seen her in a while due to her playing overseas. She is coming back soon so looking for some things to fix before then. Any help of the good and bad things she is doing, suggestions or critiques would be greatly appreciated.

https://youtu.be/X_do_IOcd5Q

Sep 19, 2018
I am by no means a pitching coach. My 9YO DD is just completing her first year of pitching. She is seeing a Tincher since Dec.

1) Her PC does not want my DD bending over nearly as much on the swing back as your does. (Is there a proper term for this?)

2) it looks like (I may be wrong), that your DD is 'scrunching' her shoulder on release and follow through. MY DD used to do this when trying to throw hard. Loose and Long are a couple of the words used. She does it rarely now.

Good luck.

Last edited:

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Sarah is a tremendous pitcher.

Your DD needs to focus on getting her upper body correct.
My suggestion is to go the IR in the Classroom thread. The first few posts from Boardmember are superb.

Oct 4, 2018
I am by no means a pitching coach. My 9YO DD is just completing her first year of pitching. She is seeing a Tincher since Dec.

1) Her PC does not want my DD bending over nearly as much on the swing back as your does. (Is there a proper term for this?)

2) it looks like (I may be wrong), that your DD is 'scrunching' her shoulder on release and follow through. MY DD used to do this when trying to throw hard. Loose and Long are a couple of the words used. She does it rarely now.

Good luck.

Our pitching coach calls that the "pre" or the "load" or the "negative". I've heard all three from several different pitching coaches.

Video looks good. She just needs to practice, practice, practice. And keep up with the lessons. And you need a bucket. My knees hurt watching that. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802