Critique my 12u pitcher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 26, 2019
There are many folks here who know way more about pitching than I do. I was going to say it looks like she is leaping a bit. It looks like the grass is dead everywhere she drags her foot except the small patch thats growing where she leaps over - which is actually kind of neat now that I think about it.

Nov 8, 2018
Wow. Powerful. Love it.
She’s doing a lot of things great here.
342b3ab4c1686346006484fee3942f88.jpg

Palm up here is nice. My original concern was her elbow smashing the hip.
28f170f0acde691e5893cd18293504b5.jpg

Here you can see it’s not.
My feeling is she’s having trouble timing the roll around the thigh. She’s in great position. Hand could even be closer to the thigh.
6980e508ee89b48dfdbce2b58c1e3f9e.jpg

Right after contact.
Seems she is just slamming into the thigh.
Work on rolling around the thigh. Pronating around it. Make it conscious during sessions for awhile. Back chain it then go full and see if she can get the timing.

She right there.

I would suggest a padded arm sleeve. It will help with bruising and abrasions till she can get the timing done better.
My dd used it all last year. Now it’s sporadic depending on the day. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lack of roll fostering early release. Ie outside pitch.

May 22, 2018
Here’s one from the front. By rolling around the hip are we talking about letting the arm naturally roll over into what I would call an IR release? This was actually a pretty good pitch.

Nov 8, 2018
Here’s one from the front. By rolling around the hip are we talking about letting the arm naturally roll over into what I would call an IR release? This was actually a pretty good pitch.

Yes sir.
Sometimes pitchers just don’t hang onto the ball long enough. Get off the merry go round early.
She looks pretty good.

Nov 8, 2018
Yes sir.
Sometimes pitchers just don’t hang onto the ball long enough. Get off the merry go round early.
She looks pretty good.

Would love to see the hand a bit closer to that leg. Not sure what pitch that is. I think her hand may turn to the catcher late and she may lose it right. Fb or drop have to get forward a tad early.

Jan 28, 2017
I think she looks really good. It helped my DD to think about pulling through with the pec muscles. This helped keep her out of her shoulders. Also, helped her stay stacked more

May 9, 2019
Havent read the other replies yet. But I can tell you the leaping is usually fixed by staying closed and keeping your back knee pointed to the catcher initially and at the end of the pitch. My Dd had a leaping issue, and still does occasionally. What worked was footwork drills where I would have her keep doing her strides with the intent of not turning her back foot before the stride and keeping her back knee pointed to the catcher.

Also, I'm not sure if you were already aware, but your DD has a leaning forward issue, which if corrected, could give her more velocity and control. That issue could be worked on by having her get taller at release. However, I suggest you work on on thing at a time. Good luck to you.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The hips are under her and turn before release.

I really like her motion. Everything looks good.

The leaping is caused by how she pushes off. She is more then likely trying to push hard. Which she is misunderstanding as a quick/impulse push off, instead of driving forward as the arm circle progresses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478