Create Your Own Swing Pattern?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Sounds like me,I have really been focusing on back to the basics and make things as simple as possible, instead of too much technical. Plus really slowing down on adding or changing. Just picking one thing and leave it at that for a while

Yes, you can only focus on one thing at a time.

Oct 3, 2019
I took my granddaughter's swing and found a pro athlete that it most resembled. I showed her a couple of her flaws but essentially, have shown her the video and said, here, this is what you look like in your stance. See what he does, how he loads and to do this a little more. Prior to this, I thought her lower body was wrong but it actually isn't. It's just not exaggerated in any way, very simple, not a big stride. Her arms are the biggest problem but, won't be difficult to fix with practice and awareness of what she's doing wrong, basically not extending enough. I was excited to see that the lower body was okay and this guy hits for power, triples, doubles to the gaps.
Anyway, we'll see. I want her to get the feel and figure it out. I also found a drill that I think works at times. When she's really out of sync, I have her swing from the opposite side. It's so uncomfortable that when she turns back around, it's easier to get back into the proper feel again. Weird but, has had some value.

May 12, 2016
I took my granddaughter's swing and found a pro athlete that it most resembled. I showed her a couple of her flaws but essentially, have shown her the video and said, here, this is what you look like in your stance. See what he does, how he loads and to do this a little more. Prior to this, I thought her lower body was wrong but it actually isn't. It's just not exaggerated in any way, very simple, not a big stride. Her arms are the biggest problem but, won't be difficult to fix with practice and awareness of what she's doing wrong, basically not extending enough. I was excited to see that the lower body was okay and this guy hits for power, triples, doubles to the gaps.
Anyway, we'll see. I want her to get the feel and figure it out. I also found a drill that I think works at times. When she's really out of sync, I have her swing from the opposite side. It's so uncomfortable that when she turns back around, it's easier to get back into the proper feel again. Weird but, has had some value.
Hi Jeannie, Nothing wrong with trying to duplicate a major league swing by looking and imitating. You will see Hanson Principle mentioned on this site occasionally and again it's good to have a measuring stick. But I believe understanding why is more important. What makes that major leaguers lower half move like that, is good extension forced or the result of proper mechanics upstream? etc etc..

Just my two cents..

Cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28