Cracked?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Now this is a crack...
ghost-cracked-jpg.16027

We broke two Ghosts (blue & yellow) in the past year. One was a team bat, the other was just past the one year warranty.
FYI - we still have two Easton Mako bats from roughly 3 or 4 years ago that get used constantly for BP...as Core has said repeatedly 'those things are tanks"!

Attachments

• Ghost cracked.jpg
    Ghost cracked.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 148
Apr 15, 2018
Now this is a crack...
ghost-cracked-jpg.16027

We broke two Ghosts (blue & yellow) in the past year. One was a team bat, the other was just past the one year warranty.
FYI - we still have two Easton Mako bats from roughly 3 or 4 years ago that get used constantly for BP...as Core has said repeatedly 'those things are tanks"!

Lol that’s more like an explosion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 1, 2019
South Carolina
That is not a crack...its a paint crack. If you take your finger nail, which I don't want you to do...haha, you can actually
lift up a little because you are just lifting paint.
Unfortunately, all rule sets I've seen don't differentiate between a crack and a "paint crack". They all just say that bats will be free of cracks, burrs, sharp edges, etc. I don't know of too many umpires who would allow that bat to stay in a game based upon how the rules read.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
You have to realize these are close ups of the bat. Probably wouldn’t see, or feel during a pre game inspection. At least the inspections I’ve seen. Umpires have 30+ bats and 20+ helmets to check before a game. It’s never taken more than 5 minutes for both umps to inspect both teams equipment.

Other than USA States/Nationals and HS State Chamionships, DD May have had 4-5 other inspections during her travel career.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Unfortunately, all rule sets I've seen don't differentiate between a crack and a "paint crack". They all just say that bats will be free of cracks, burrs, sharp edges, etc. I don't know of too many umpires who would allow that bat to stay in a game based upon how the rules read.

He asked if it was a bat crack or not, and its not a bat crack. Wasn't going into rules of what should or shouldn't be allowed,
stopped doing that a long time ago because the umps are taught to toss anything so it is what it is and this has a possibility of getting tossed. not arguing that :)
I also don't think you can even feel this with hands so it may get looked over. He is showing a very close up of the pic so if the ump isn't going crazy with a magnifying glass, it more than likely never gets seen since its such a tiny, straight, short line. Also, little dirt will make it much less noticeable as well...haha

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2014
My DD doesn't crack bats, she does this. That's a 2019 PXT bought in Oct 2019. She broke it hitting off of a tee. It only made it through 2 tournaments I think.

Is it possible your DD is too strong for a drop 11?

Apr 15, 2018
My DD doesn't crack bats, she does this. That's a 2019 PXT bought in Oct 2019. She broke it hitting off of a tee. It only made it through 2 tournaments I think.

Is it possible your DD is too strong for a drop 11?

She’s 9 weighs 62 lbs lol. But swings it well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thats a crack Tatonka...and for reference, there is the sharktooth VVVVV...those zig zag type lines. Before
Tonka's bat fully cracked, you prob saw those coming thru the paint before letting loose.

Merrill, according to some, a rattle is completely destroying a bat...so nice job to your dd ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802