Cracked or just cosmetic?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 18, 2016
I saw this on my DD's bat the other day. There's another one on the opposite side of it. Not sure if it's enough to warrant a replacement or not, and don't want to send in right now.

Mar 7, 2016
that bat is cracked... if its on both sides it wont last much longer. How hot is it hitting? I say use it till they pull it or it doesn't perform well

Apr 28, 2019
I saw this on my DD's bat the other day. There's another one on the opposite side of it. Not sure if it's enough to warrant a replacement or not, and don't want to send in right now.

View attachment 14202
I would use it until it goes dead. We had a similar issue with Easton Stealth Flex 2017. It was much worse than what I see on this bat. The bat performed very well then developed cracks/spiderwebbing in paint that lead to eventual cracks in the composite itself. Just make sure you have a back-up bat because there really is no way to determine how much more use you will get out of the bat.
Let me ask you this: Do you hit the high density machine balls with this bat? Or use or store under 60’?
We have the 2018 ASA Ghost and have never had a problem. I do see a fair amount of reports of cracking. I just wonder if it’s due to misuse or a design flaw.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You can send in whenever you want, its all your choice. Is it warranty eligible, absolutely. If its hitting and you are
good with it, keep hitting. BUT, its a vertical and by the looks of the pic, you can prob feel it. So just don't be shocked
when it goes. That's the other thing, could go next swing, might take a while.

Let your receipt date help in your decision as well :)

Jun 6, 2018
just don't wait too long for 2 reasons.

1. Right now turn around time is about 1 week. In July this usually gets up to 2-4 weeks.
2. Don't wait expecting that if you send it in July you will get the new 5 stamp ghost. Based on Indianapolis replacement levels they have plenty to fill warranty replacements probably until winter, and what will become an unpopular decision but will happen is people sending in blue ghosts are going to get sent a gold one because they have a lot of that in stock and your warranty agreement says that they can.

Aug 9, 2018
My DDs cracked like that this weekend on her replacement bat. Called Easton today and I was 4 days past my warranty period but they said they will replace it since it happen so close to the date. Unfortunately CS said they are out of 32/21 and dont know when a new shipment comes in the distribution center.

Apr 28, 2019
My DDs cracked like that this weekend on her replacement bat. Called Easton today and I was 4 days past my warranty period but they said they will replace it since it happen so close to the date. Unfortunately CS said they are out of 32/21 and dont know when a new shipment comes in the distribution center.
We have the 32” 22oz version and no problems for last two years.
We use it as a game bat and it doesn’t get hit hard like BP bats PXT & Quatro.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee