Cracked, defective, strange webbing with a wobble?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Has your DD broken any bats (yet)? I ask because I know she's about a year older than my DD. I just don't think my 10 year old (the team's power hitter) could break a bat if she tried. Curious what age it starts happening more.

However, two 10 year olds did break bats on our team last year. But both were old hand-me-downs from their older sisters and probably had thousands of hits on them from years of practices, games and lessons.
Yes she is 10 YO and weighs 75 lbs (she told me the other day I was wrong about this and that she weighs 76 lbs now.. 😂) She has broken (cracked..not in half like WW picture lol) 3 bats (2 two piece bats and a 1 piece bat). That said I haven't spent more than $200 on any one of her bats so that might be part of it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yes she is 10 YO and weighs 75 lbs (she told me the other day I was wrong about this and that she weighs 76 lbs now.. 😂) She has broken (cracked..not in half like WW picture lol) 3 bats (2 two piece bats and a 1 piece bat). That said I haven't spent more than $200 on any one of her bats so that might be part of it.

Lay off the PED's :)

Jun 8, 2016
Lay off the PED's :)
Her and one other kid on her team are the only ones who have broken bats. However the other kid is twice her weight..I have no idea why she continually breaks them. She has a Xeno which we got for free which we will go to if she breaks her current gamer. If she breaks that she is going to be the only TB softball player in the world using a wood bat...

Dec 11, 2010
I bet whoever buys her bats wasn't grinning ear to ear like she was :LOL:

He wasn’t too unhappy- that bat didn’t owe them anything. It had TONS of hits on it!

Little bit of Gorilla glue and some duct tape and it'll be good as new.
I’m thinking the Extra Wide Gorilla tape!
Never had a catastrophic failure like that with a ball glove!

I have never seen a bat blow up like that either. I was 15-20’ away throwing, it wasn’t violent, didn’t go flying, it was just kind of sitting there.

Dec 11, 2010
Most 10 year old girls can't even break a bat in, much less break it! That's why it makes such good sense to buy a 10 year old a used bat!
This is so true. DD #2 was considered a big hitter at that age and used one bat for practice and games for both years. Probably tens of thousands of machine balls, her coach rolled with three machines 2x a week about 6 months per year.

Jun 8, 2016
He wasn’t too unhappy- that bat didn’t owe them anything. It had TONS of hits on it!
Fair enough..I just need to enter the current century I guess. My old man spent less on all of my aluminum bats over the 15+ years I played baseball than I have for my 10 YO :LOL: Back then breaking bats was limited to wood bats and if you broke one it was your fault for getting jammed 😂

Jun 8, 2016
This is so true. DD #2 was considered a big hitter at that age and used one bat for practice and games for both years. Probably tens of thousands of machine balls, her coach rolled with three machines 2x a week about 6 months per year.
You guys trying to make me feel bad or what?

Dec 11, 2010
Absolutely! I had some painted black wood bat without a trademark on it and my buddies decided it was special for some reason.

I can’t remember which one of us broke it but it was a sad day for the Thomson Small Fry team, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478