Crack or ??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
Noticed this on my DD 2018 Easton Ghost ( only had it since Oct 2019 though). Never used on machine dimple balls...only regular softballs (tee, toss, games). She's 11 and 5-1 100lbs and nobody else uses bat.

Since no game now I cant judge that but weve gone to fields on own and hit tee and front toss. But now that I know this mark or whatever it is is there I think my mind is looking for or thinking balls are not jumping off bat lime they used to.

Im even having her use different bats (Xeno and a CFX) and comparing diatances.

Just wondering what you guys think.
The little traingles are about the size of my pinky fingernail. Very small. And they dont go "in" like a cut but they are slightly raised and you can feel them with fingertips as you slide over the area.
20200703_121726~2.jpg20200703_121638~2.jpg

May 24, 2013
So Cal
It might not be a crack all the way through (yet), but it sure looks like things are getting started.

It kind of puzzles me what Maddie has done differently than other players. In 5 years of using composite bats, playing TB, and being a pretty decent hitter for her age, she has never broken a bat - Demarini CF6 Sprite, Miken Freak Black, Demarini CF8, Easton Ghost (blue), Easton Ghost (dual-stamp).

Oct 26, 2019
It might not be a crack all the way through (yet), but it sure looks like things are getting started.

It kind of puzzles me what Maddie has done differently than other players. In 5 years of using composite bats, playing TB, and being a pretty decent hitter for her age, she has never broken a bat - Demarini CF6 Sprite, Miken Freak Black, Demarini CF8, Easton Ghost (blue), Easton Ghost (dual-stamp).
Maybe she hits them on the barrel? :)

Mar 6, 2016
Found the online purchase at Dicks Sporting Goods back in Oct. 2019. So got a couple months to be sure.

Called Easton but they appear to be closed due to Covid-19. So..will have to email.

Also the rubber part at the neck has a slight tear. I assume from my 11yr old sliding it in and out of her catcher bag bat compartment. I didn't think much of it but saw others had same issue and said that too is a cause for warranty.

True?

20200703_132103~2.jpg

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The rubber neck isnt anything important, but the top is a sharktooth...just not poking thru the paint yet. You can still use it but try to hit oppo side. It is going to go at some point.

And as always, stop looking for stuff. Parents ocd minds are sometimes worse than the players :)

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
Quigs, don’t be in a hurry to warranty that.

It might last a surprisingly long time and trust me, the bat is going to be very good until it goes.

It may even pass an inspection at a National if they are just running them through the tester

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478