Courtesy Runner

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2015
personally hate CR myself, do not think it speeds game up enough to justify it. DD catches, and is also a very good base runner (not necessarily fastest runner, but quick, aggressive, knows what to do, reads well), constantly gets pulled off even before 2 outs (finally had to tell her to stop asking base coaches if she should come off when she reaches with 0 or 1 out).

Oct 4, 2018
My DD is a pitcher. She's kinda slow.

But we're 10U, and a developmental team. I want the girl (and all girls) to learn how to run the bases. Hard to learn if you get yanked every time you get on base.

May 29, 2015
GAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

Had 16u for league night tonight ... I had the plate for the first game, no issues.

I’m on the bases for the second game. Catcher doubles in the 3rd inning with two outs, coach asks for time and announces a courtesy runner. Then he spends two minutes futzing about with who it should be. The next batter hits into the third out.

They come back out on defense and we are waiting ... waiting ... waiting ... why the he!! was the catcher not ready? ... waiting ... it’s been 3 minutes ... waiting ... I look into the dugout and ...

The new catcher is just starting to take her gear out of her bag and put it on.

Last edited:
May 29, 2015
I don’t mind waiting on a catcher who made the last out/was on base. I would MUCH rather be respectful of that player and wait on that situation than deal with the the disrespectful antics of disorganized coaches.

(Catchers have a reputation of being big and slow. In reality, especially at these levels, the catcher is generally one of - if not THE - most athletic players in the team.)

That said, we aren’t waiting on her, taking five warm ups pitches, throwing it down, and then huddling around the rubber high-fiving each other. You better have somebody else out here warming the pitcher up if she wants five throws. And I am chasing the position players away. Grr. 😁

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812