Couple swings on the tee, what you think?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
a couple swings of my DD hitting off the tee yesterday. For you hitting gurus anything stand out that you think we should be working to fix.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019
To me, for her age and experience I think she's off to a great start. You as her coach, the question is where do you want to go with her swing. Learn all you can about the different methods to hitting and stick to it and practice. Post progress video and enjoy the journey.

May 13, 2021
Needs to set the lowerbody first. Hands are to far back, behind the back foot.
As far as hands to far back behind the back foot I understand I think. More like keep the weight back without leaning twisting so far to the back side? As far as set the lower body first can you elaborate.

May 13, 2021
Get the hands going back when the stride is initiated. Not before. Timing and adjustability issues will always be present otherwise. The sequence needs the correct timing mechanism to be stretched in order and launched wo leaks.

View attachment 25969
This is something we have been working on and it is like I just haven’t been able to make her understand the movement yet.

Aug 20, 2017
She has too much rearward movement prior to picking her front foot up. You load as you move forward. Learn to pick the front foot up and continuously load (coil) as you move forward. It’s not load, then stride. It’s load/stride together. It’s a dynamic movement. Front foot up while coiling the torso/upper body.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478