Couple of quick recruiting questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 21, 2017
Has anyone gone to a “College Coaches Showcase Camp” it appears to be put on by College Softball Prospects? If you have did you get any value out of it? Even if it was just the evaluation.
These are mostly cattle calls. Unless a University your DD is interested is there and she has communicated with the coach then maybe go, but other than that I would say save your money. The camp in Southern California is usually packed with prospects and the coaches are just doing drills. But from what I saw there was not much evaluation or feedback and your time to talk to the coaches is limited.

Oct 5, 2015
Wix.com allows you to create a free web site. Dd and I created one for her during recruiting and we posted all kinds of info and videos. Dd would send a link to this site in the emails she sent to coaches. Worked well for her. Her TB club also posts online profiles.
We used Weebly.com, but it's the same concept. Built the site from a template they had, and then we added sections for personal profile info, team and coaches info, highlights and recognition from the current and previous years, and links to videos from games/tournaments, being sure to add the most recent to the top of the list.

Weebly also has the option of incorporating Google Analytics, which we set up to send us an email when someone visited her site and all video links they clicked on, how long they stayed on the site, etc. Worst case, the information included the city/state of where the browser was located. But, sometimes you would also see that their Network Provider was from a college domain - those were the exciting ones, especially if it was someone DD was interested in, or completely random.

Did I mention this was all free? Spent some time to make things look the way she wanted it, but it definitely got some attention during the recruiting process.

But, nothing replaces sending personal emails, making calls, and going to camps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802