Couple of DD's swings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Personally I would work on staying a tad taller initially.Think ‘K’. During ‘gather’ I would try to maintain the leverage she created in the ground through the back heel for as long as possible (some eversion will/should happen) so the hip action will not be so ‘spinny’. More on a straight line. She pulloffs prematurely due to this.

Others have eluded to these 2 things. Just giving some suggestions on how to fix. Take or discard. Good luck!

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
She pulloffs prematurely due to this.

I agree the front shoulder (shoulders) open to soon. The front heel should be planted when the shoulders begin to open.

P.S. on second thoughts perhaps the shoulder isn't open that much at heel plant.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I agree the front shoulder (shoulders) open to soon. The front heel should be planted when the shoulders begin to open.

P.S. on second thoughts perhaps the shoulder isn't open that much at heel plant.

There was a discussion going on at BBD yesterday about ‘direction’. It is my belief that direction is set with the frontside of the body and maintained with the backside of the body. Others feel the backside controls direction. Kinda like a boat. Either way, the backside is involved in both theories. The young lady’s backside is not staying ‘straight’. What’s your take on direction?

Aug 20, 2017
Get some video from the side. When she lifts her front knee you want to make sure the back knee doesn’t move backwards and sit on top of back foot. If her knee stays inside her back foot and advances forward during her stride she is good! Big front knee lift helps compress the hips and be explosive. Scap Load looks good in the last frame. She’s got a pretty good swing going

Aug 20, 2017
The front shoulder is controlled be maintaining scap Load during stride, stretching torso and getting into your legs. Front shoulder will stay on the ball longer if players swing from the ground up in proper sequence. The back knee must pinch forward first to initiate the swing. Front hip should begin to move rearward while the hands and torso stay stretched. Look up the stride pinch drill on YouTube

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802