Counting down!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2016
Congrats on the success of getting her to the next phase of her life. Had DD#1 go to college last yr. Its an adjustment for everybody. But to see them tackle (and succeed) their next challenge is fulfilling.
Seems like a alot of DFPer were at Myrtle. If I had known, we could have posted a Get-together thread. (swap stories and favorite ABs).
PS enjoy your project car. I've got some tweaks to do on my 66 GT conv., them maybe hunt for a fastback project car when DD2 goes to college. (if I can afford it--the car, not school)

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
We got eliminated Saturday by a team we run ruled Friday........we batted for 45 minutes in the first inning, Anna scored twice in the first inning! And we put up a zero against them the next day, how does that happen????? I thought I had this game figured out? :rolleyes:
Hate we missed you! Glad you guys had a good final tournament, I think the world of you and your family! Good luck to Kenzie moving forward, and to you too dad!
Back at ya brother! Always enjoyed seeing you guys! Anna is a heck of a player!

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
No worries. Never got to see IRONMAN either. Schedules just didn’t work out. We fell one game short of the championship bracket. It was a fun week, but not the best ran tournament we’ve been to.

Sorry I missed you guys this week. The games are so spread out time wise and field wise. We lost our first game in the Championship bracket, so we made it back home by 10pm.

It's been a fun ride on here and I'm going to keep with ya'll virtually.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I'm in final countdown mode, myself. I can't believe how quickly time goes! It seems like just yesterday, I was graduating from high school! I'm a mixture of both excited and nervous to see what it's going to be like starting at the next level...playing softball in college and being a college student and being a pre-med major. Man, it seems like not that long ago, I was a newbie DFP member because I had just become a catcher in high school and hadn't even played my first game at my new position as a freshman. Now, I feel like a total beast behind the plate...and I want to thank you guys for the most fun ride I've ever been on. This journey has been a blast. I play in my final tournament this coming weekend. One of the teams we played from Texas is coming here to play and I know I'll be an emotional mess the entire weekend.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Sorry I missed you guys this week. The games are so spread out time wise and field wise. We lost our first game in the Championship bracket, so we made it back home by 10pm.

It's been a fun ride on here and I'm going to keep with ya'll virtually.
Well, we made it home by 5. The 8am game was tough after playing the late game the night before. I’ll be keeping up as well. All of Maryville’s home games are broadcast on YouTube. Just search Scots Broadcasting Network.

Jun 8, 2016
It seems like just yesterday, I was graduating from high school! I'm a mixture of both excited and nervous to see what it's going to be like starting at the next level...playing softball in college and being a college student and being a pre-med major.
LMAO!! Does time typically really move that slow in device world? ;)

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm in final countdown mode, myself. I can't believe how quickly time goes! It seems like just yesterday, I was graduating from high school! I'm a mixture of both excited and nervous to see what it's going to be like starting at the next level...playing softball in college and being a college student and being a pre-med major. Man, it seems like not that long ago, I was a newbie DFP member because I had just become a catcher in high school and hadn't even played my first game at my new position as a freshman. Now, I feel like a total beast behind the plate...and I want to thank you guys for the most fun ride I've ever been on. This journey has been a blast. I play in my final tournament this coming weekend. One of the teams we played from Texas is coming here to play and I know I'll be an emotional mess the entire weekend.
Awesome post gabby! I wish you nothing but the very best in the newest chapter of you life, I can tell by the way you write your posts that you’ve a very structured and smart young lady, you’re going to do great!

I’d love to hand you my debit card and you and Anna go sit down and talk college life, what it’s like to be a student athlete, grades, prioritizing time, and lastly softball over a very nice dinner!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Awesome post gabby! I wish you nothing but the very best in the newest chapter of you life, I can tell by the way you write your posts that you’ve a very structured and smart young lady, you’re going to do great!

I’d love to hand you my debit card and you and Anna go sit down and talk college life, what it’s like to be a student athlete, grades, prioritizing time, and lastly softball over a very nice dinner!

Thank you so much for what you said @ANNASDAD ! Thank you for the best wishes going into this new chapter of my life. I try to write sensibly if I possibly can. I know on message boards and stuff, it can be difficult to read when people post like most girls born in the early 2000's write sometimes when we speak like we're sending texts :LOL: . I know I have a difficult major and minor. I will try to do the best I can with the opportunity given to me.

I think the opportunity to hang out with Anna would be great! I've been following her journey since you became a member on here. I know I'm excited, nervous and scared all at the same time to start college since it's the first time I'll be on my own without mom and dad being there to give advice. I know they'll be a phone call away but still...it's not the same as having them right there. I imagine Anna is feeling the same way. It was totally surreal going out and shopping for stuff like new bedsheets, towels, hand towels, microwave ovens, and mini-fridges. I haven't found out much about where I'm living yet but I know I'm living with someone who's a teammate which could be a positive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28