Counting down!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
Was good meeting you two! Man, I feel exhausted after being in that heat all weekend. I can't imagine "playing" in it! Hope your DD had a good weekend!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Try to enjoy every at bat, every play, every interaction she has with her teammates. The 'feels' will start in that last inning before they win/lose that last game. Actually when they gather outside the dugout when they clear their gear for the last time is when the wall hits you. I didn't get to really enjoy it since we were scramblin' for showers and catching our flight home while navigating rush hour ATL traffic. I should have given the team more credit as the finished WAY higher than anticipated.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Best of luck to you and DD. It is definitely a tough adjustment. We only have the one child so when she went to college last fall the house seemed extremely empty. But we talked often and were able to attend all of her games. So it was a great experience for all of us.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Well, lucky YOU! You get to see me one more time, lol! Can’t believe it is her last tourney. I know how you feel. Kenzie moves in on the 15th. She’s dead set on playing, but just had her tonsils removed last week. No physical activity til Friday per DR. She says she’s playing Wednesday and I don’t think I can stop her, haha! What’s a couple days, right?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Well, lucky YOU! You get to see me one more time, lol! Can’t believe it is her last tourney. I know how you feel. Kenzie moves in on the 15th. She’s dead set on playing, but just had her tonsils removed last week. No physical activity til Friday per DR. She says she’s playing Wednesday and I don’t think I can stop her, haha! What’s a couple days, right?
Heck yeah lucky me, hopefully I'll get to see your beautiful DD one more time, wayyyyy better than your mug! :ROFLMAO: Good luck this weekend, looks like the temps are supposed to be about 100 degrees lower than in Raleigh, it was terrible!!

Tonsils as a senior is rough, no fun at all. But Kenzie's a catcher, she's tough as nails! Good luck in the new world, hope dad makes the adjustment pretty quick and painless!

Jun 8, 2016
Heck yeah lucky me, hopefully I'll get to see your beautiful DD one more time, wayyyyy better than your mug! :ROFLMAO: Good luck this weekend, looks like the temps are supposed to be about 100 degrees lower than in Raleigh, it was terrible!!

Tonsils as a senior is rough, no fun at all. But Kenzie's a catcher, she's tough as nails! Good luck in the new world, hope dad makes the adjustment pretty quick and painless!
You guys had your kids too young, if my youngest plays at least through HS I will probably not be able to remember my name so it won't be an issue. Of course throwing BP to him in my early 60's might also be an issue :LOL: (you think you can throw BP using a walker? )

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Was good meeting you two! Man, I feel exhausted after being in that heat all weekend. I can't imagine "playing" in it! Hope your DD had a good weekend!
Was great meeting you and your DD as well Clay, and no joke, blistering hot! She actually had a great playing weekend, she was hating the heat though!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You guys had your kids too young, if my youngest plays at least through HS I will probably not be able to remember my name so it won't be an issue. Of course throwing BP to him in my early 60's might also be an issue :LOL: (you think you can throw BP using a walker? )
Too young? I was 35 when Anna was born, and man with the heat this weekend, I felt OLD!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802