Could college softball players make good money in a few years?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 9, 2021
California is in the process of letting college athletes share in the TV revenue generated by college sports. With the popularity of college softball and the large audiences they draw on tv recently it makes you wonder about the future. It isn’t out of the question that college softball players could make a decent salary in the future. If that happens the growth the sport takes could be interesting to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Any money generated from TV would pale in comparison to most sports. It most certainly would not be considered good money. Especially when split equally between all players on televised teams.

Nov 9, 2021
Any money generated from TV would pale in comparison to most sports. It most certainly would not be considered good money. Especially when split equally between all players on televised teams.

Without looking at the exact numbers I think womens softball might be third in viewership at the moment. College football and mens basketball would be ahead of course. But womens softball had better tv ratings than college baseball by a large margin recently.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Without looking at the exact numbers I think womens softball might be third in viewership at the moment. College football and mens basketball would be ahead of course. But womens softball had better tv ratings than college baseball by a large margin recently.

Many parents and fans of softball greatly overestimate the popularity of softball to the general sporting public.

Mar 4, 2015
New England
California is in the process of letting college athletes share in the TV revenue generated by college sports.

I don't know the latest, but doesn't the bill limit the revenue sharing to athletes in revenue-producing sports? Which is football and basketball.

Nov 9, 2021
I don't know the latest, but doesn't the bill limit the revenue sharing to athletes in revenue-producing sports? Which is football and basketball.

It does so far. But that is expected to be expanded from what I have read.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22