Could be the most frightening 8 words ever uttered on the sidelines

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal
So am I the only one who secretly LIKES to keep score? I'm fluent in paper/pencil scorekeeping, GameChanger, and iScore.

Apr 16, 2013
I've never offered to keep score on anything and when asked I let it be known I don't know how. I was "volunteered" to keep book at one of my DD's middle school baseball games. They never asked again after that. :D

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
For those already doing game changer, 8 cringe worthy words... "Why did you give my daughter an error?" This can be either on the defensive or offensive side.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I've never offered to keep score on anything and when asked I let it be known I don't know how. I was "volunteered" to keep book at one of my DD's middle school baseball games. They never asked again after that. :D

DS's coach used to ask me to score basketball games. 10x worse than softball. Because he would hound me every game, I started staying in my car until 2 minutes before game time.

However, there is nothing worse than tracking the number of plays each kid has played in football.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
So am I the only one who secretly LIKES to keep score? I'm fluent in paper/pencil scorekeeping, GameChanger, and iScore.

I don't make it a secret. I enjoy it. I always have. Every team my kid has been on, I've been happy to run the book.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
For those already doing game changer, 8 cringe worthy words... "Why did you give my daughter an error?" This can be either on the defensive or offensive side.

LOL - I know that one all, too well. My favorite was trying to explain that an FC is not a hit. Mom wasn't happy with me.

Oct 4, 2018

I've advised the coaches and parents to leave the Game Changer woman alone. Tough enough job and she does very well.

Even though when my DD and her DD bumped into each other and dropped the fly ball she gave the error to my DD. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812