Costs of playing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2008
wow 300-400 monthly

My dd played one yr. at 12u for 800.00 reg. fee plus another 250 for uniforms and equipment. All travel expenses were out of our own pockets. This included 3 of the 6 tournies where overnighters in a different state. Keep in mind that the team she played for was based an hour and half away.
This was the driving force behind trying to start a local travel team. But if it doesnt work out due to a lack of commitment on the parents part, then I will not have a problem going back to her original team or another just as far away regardless of the cost.
Honestly, how can you look your daughter in the eye and tell her you are unable to help her reach her full potential and go after her dream....
I cant do it..

Jun 27, 2008
Yes I can see how cost is getting greater and greater, I look in my DD's bag and see well over $500 in equipment. Our team has done a really good job at cutting out fees.

We are fortunate to be in a big college city were we can work concession stands for the University as volunteers and they donate 10% of the concession stand receipts back to our team. It worked our great for our Nationals this year as every family had their entire week's hotel fees paid by the team as well as all of our tournament and uniform fees. All the parents paid for out of pocket was gas and time spent working the concession stands!

Oct 8, 2008
Long Island, NY
Cost of playing

I coached my older daughter for travel for 5 years and now my younger daughter is starting at 14U. I know times have changed but I never thought about travel ball until they got past the 12U little league. I think at 10U to be putting that much money you are talking over $5G plus your own hotel and travel expense is alot.

I have kept my teams under $800 thanks to small sponsorships. But than again you should be paying what you can afford, if you can swing the $400 a month and your daughter is happy then go for it and enjoy.
But the cost do add up fast
Nokona Glove: $200
Miken Bat: $300
Tanel Cleats: $90
Memories you share with your DD after she finishes playing: PRICELESS :)

Oct 31, 2008
lockport ny
I will be coaching a 10u team this year. This will be my first year coaching travel ball and I am figuring about $500 a girl for the season. Thats 2 uniforms, bag, helmet, league play, 5 tournaments, insurance, etc. We will be fundraising about half so I figure $250 a girl out of pocket for the year. This obviously does not include food, gas, out of town etc.
I have a 15 dd that is in her 5th year of travel and equiptment and other things are starting to really add up. last year was probably 5-6 grand for ball !!
I just keep telling myself its for the KIDS LOL .

Dec 28, 2008
$50 a week for batting lessons
$100 for new cleats
$150 for designer bat bag with 18 compartments and small cooler
$600 for 2 new Synergy bats
$1,200 to travel to Denver for 1 stinking tournament
My daughter hitting a home run off your daughter ... PRICELESS

Is a really funny t-shirt, until you realize that that's a lot of money for that PRICELESS moment.

Mike - Be careful about doing all of the math. Because over her career those $5,000 years are going to add up and you might suddenly realize you could be driving a Ferrari instead of the dirty, smelly sock filled mini-van you are driving now. :eek:

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
About 5 years ago, or thereabouts, I went to a tournament in Silicon Valley.

One of my good friends had a daughter playing and I stayed with them in their suite at a hotel. Wiith hotel, gas, food and all other expenses, they paid $1,200.00 that weekend.

The annual team fees were nothing compared to the other expenses involved.

Hal

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478