Correct backhand form

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2015
Chautauqua County
lol, I've seen this pattern before, eh? I like Kobata. He teaches fielding a back hand off the left foot with the glove on the outside. When we do it this way we can 1) immediately plant the right foot and square up the targeting shoulder or 2) continue on with the right foot into a shuffle and turn or 3) leap up of the right foot, dissipating the forward momentum, allowing us to turn, land and throw. I find it easier to teach one foot rather than two and I find we can get more forward glove coverage using the left foot as lead.
So, I am sorry I cannot sell you my Kobata dvds or any bootleg or black market ones. I do have several bridges in outstanding shape and locations. For you, my friend, I'm willing to make you a real deal. ;)

Jun 8, 2016
lol, I've seen this pattern before, eh?
No idea what you are talking about but anyways...
I like Kobata. He teaches fielding a back hand off the left foot with the glove on the outside. When we do it this way we can 1) immediately plant the right foot and square up the targeting shoulder or 2) continue on with the right foot into a shuffle and turn or 3) leap up of the right foot, dissipating the forward momentum, allowing us to turn, land and throw. I find it easier to teach one foot rather than two and I find we can get more forward glove coverage using the left foot as lead.
That was what I asking for, not for your DVD collection..so thanks.

Sep 21, 2017
PA
I call them open and closed backhands. There is a time to use each, and both need to be practiced, but honestly we spend more time on opens. IMO, there are way too many misplayed balls, trying to get to it, when playing the backhand was the correct play. I'd rather a SS backhand it out it front, and get through the ball with momentum, than playing it off your right foot and throwing it with less velo off your back foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802