Coronavirus

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2020
From the bleacher seat on the discussion of infected numbers. For a few weeks yes stop if we can transmission.
Soon we will see if it helps.
Other numbers still to be seen the math on the number of families that will lose their homes. No work no paycheck. If shutdown continues.
I dont know the answer. But in my mind this infected conversation is eclipsed by millions more being displaced who are not infected but affected. That conversation maybe in a few weeks, guess.

Other things to look at.
Work from home will become more prevalent as employers send workers home. Consider that change to become a widespread new normal on a larger scale.
Elder facilities will have implemented new precautions that changed become the new normal.
Grocery stores now implementing purchase guidlines. That will become new normal.
Cant imagine no sports or fans not attending that would be abnormal.

Jun 10, 2018
NY
What's "insane"? That kids want to do what they do? Even considering the CDC guidance and some basic hygiene precautions, I don't see the danger with having a practice or even a scrimmage. It's typically outdoors, FFS. We're talking about a bug that's even less of a threat to kids than the influenza strains that kill thousands every year. I've lived long enough to have seen numerous disease scares, and have had bouts with things far scarier than COVID-19. The reaction to this is ridiculous. We all need to get a collective grip and look at this more rationally and longer term. It's not going away in four weeks, eight weeks, or eight months. Eventually, there will be some vaccine for it that the more at-risk people can get, but it's here. We'd best learn how to deal with it in some way better than shutting everything down.
Pretty selfish, friend. This isn’t about you, your softball player or your team. These kids should NOT be getting together for any reason right now and parents and coaches should be leading by example with calm, reasonable action according to what is being recommended by those in authority who know the most about this virus.

Apr 28, 2014
Pretty selfish, friend. This isn’t about you, your softball player or your team. These kids should NOT be getting together for any reason right now and parents and coaches should be leading by example with calm, reasonable action according to what is being recommended by those in authority who know the most about this virus.
I agree... this is not the time to break guidelines. It's not about the kids it's about the others they live with and interact with. We're all addicted to this sport so make no mistake about it we are all feeling it bad right now. But delaying getting together will help us get back sooner.

Feb 4, 2020
Illinois had 128 new COVID-19 cases confirmed just today, bringing our total to 288. A few days ago, we only had a dozen or so. The math of the future, at this pace, is frightening.

I agree that we all need to pull together, suck it up, and follow what our governmental, scientific and medical leadership is telling us. Unfortunately, it still seems like it is very early in this quarantine/lockdown process.

And yes, it totally reeks. I mean, so many of us feel like So Cal Seth does. But if the NBA, NCAA, MLB and other high-level sports can call it quits until this outbreak is "flattened," so can youth softball.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2014
The main source for updated data is here

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018
Georgia
Softball is a game. The financial Terrorism going on "Covid-19" is the problem we all are facing. This is the most impactful financial event since 1913. The Quantitative Easing " money printing" is back in full swing and we are the ones striking out! Check the 30 year bond yields, check the repo markets, check the Stock Markets, check the rapid money printing of every major country, check the fractional reserve lending requirements at Large banks are now at Zero, check the interest rates at 0%, understand that Inflation is simply the circulation of more money, and then connect the dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45