Coronavirus

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
Just got the word from the AD we are cancelled for at least 2 weeks. No open gyms, no practices, nothing that can be construed as school related. We have no known cases in the school system.

We finally get a decent early spring and we can't play.:(

Apr 28, 2014
In PA our district canceled school for 2 weeks (announced yesterday). Today there looks like there may be a chance that we could start back in two weeks for a shortened season playing only conference games. Still Hope!

Feb 25, 2018
Some schools in MA decided to close for a week or two, some have not. The Governor should have stepped in today and mandated all schools statewide close for two weeks, then re-evaluate. Has to be a coordinated effort.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200313-195116_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-195116_Chrome.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 45
May 29, 2015
DD just called me crying when practice was over today. As of now school and any sports or activities are cancelled for at least 2 weeks. Apparently they are planning to do e learning. Sounds like a real pita with having 3 kids in school and one computer. She said the team decided that they will still get together and practice a few times a week, but coaches or school personnel cannot be present.
As of now there have been no positive cases in our immediate area.

I haven’t looked in a few hours, but the only thing IHSA had up beyond the cancellation of state series (yesterday) was a memo to officials telling us schools do not owe us for canceled contracts due to this. Did that really need to be said? (Sadly, yes.)

I love my brothers and sisters in blue, but ... damn some of them can be unbelievable.

May 29, 2015
Wow ...

Police: Rhode Island Child Tests Positive for COVID-19 Days After Receiving Jazz Player Autograph
BEN PICKMAN1 HOUR AGO
A Rhode Island child tested positive for COVID-19 after receiving an autograph last week from a Utah Jazz player who also contracted coronavirus, the Westerly, R.I. police chief announced Friday, per the Providence Journal.

Jun 11, 2012
DD was lucky to get their week of preseason in FL but it was absolutely heartbreaking to be there today when coach told them their season was over. Kids crying, parents crying, coaches trying to hold it together.
I flew home tonight and the team flies back early tomorrow.
DD lives off campus so they plan to hunker down and spend some quality time together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478