Coronavirus

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2018
Are you saying these medicines shouldnt be administered until testing is completed?

Compassionate care usage? A strong case can be made for that. Prophylactic usage or usage for a patient that just tested positive with mild symptoms? More testing is needed.

Mar 10, 2020
Think all of the options need to be discussed with that individual, the risks, the benefits, etc. It is then up to that individual (or their POA) to make the informed decision.
This is the bases of all decisions.
Options are being made to attending doctors and patients.
Even after testing pharmaceutical complications come with vast majority of meds.
You may not be in a position that requires taking the risk. But the risk to not take some action is greater.

Mar 10, 2020
Not sure where you’re trying to go with your questioning here or what your motive is.
Keep reading from you more testing is needed. Of course professionals working on that. Asking if you think they shouldnt have made these options available until testing complete.

May 27, 2013
Keep reading from you more testing is needed. Of course professionals working on that. Asking if you think they shouldnt have made these options available until testing complete.

It’s not me who keeps stating more testing is needed. What I did say was that I wish the study they are basing this on was randomized and included more subjects. That is all.

Mar 10, 2020
I think that's a fair question.
It was interesting when the president was trying to get right to try passed there were people fighting him on that bill.
I was floored by that.
People fighting against others having a choice when they are dying is worse then taking a med that may have risks.

Apr 28, 2014
Dr Oz? LOL
The truth about using chloroquine to fight coronavirus pandemic

The Clinical Trial in France consisted of ONLY 26 patients
Of the 26...
Only 20 completed the trial.
1 left the hospital before trail ended.
1 could not tolerate the medication
3 went to the ICU
1 Died

If this is 100% cured, then I've been doing math wrong my entire life.... All of the "Control" patients who did not receive the drug appear to have survived... Hmmmmmm?

From the actual Clinical Trial document:

A total of 26 patients received
hydroxychloroquine and 16 were control patients. Six hydroxychloroquine-treated patients
were lost in follow-up during the survey because of early cessation of treatment. Reasons are
as follows: three patients were transferred to intensive care unit, including one transferred on
day2 post-inclusion who was PCR-positive on day1, one transferred on day3 post-inclusion

who was PCR-positive on days1-2 and one transferred on day4 post-inclusion who was PCR-
positive on day1 and day3; one patient died on day3 post inclusion and was PCR-negative on

day2; one patient decided to leave the hospital on day3 post-inclusion and was PCR-negative
on days1-2; finally, one patient stopped the treatment on day3 post-inclusion because of
nausea and was PCR-positive on days1-2-3. The results presented here are therefore those of
36 patients (20 hydroxychloroquine-treated patients and 16 control patients). None of the
control patients was lost in follow-up.

Let me know how your patients are doing with what you have been prescribing. The doctor who released the document above seems to feel that it's working. Most of us (maybe you too) are sitting on our couches eating bon bons and passing judgments based on zero facts. The Doctor above is on the front lines and has lives in his hands. I'm glad he's an optimist. And yes I'm tired of people who do nothing but shoot down ideas yet bring Absolutely Zero ideas to the table.. Just sayin. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812