Coronavirus

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2016
Dr Oz? LOL
The truth about using chloroquine to fight coronavirus pandemic

The Clinical Trial in France consisted of ONLY 26 patients
Of the 26...
Only 20 completed the trial.
1 left the hospital before trail ended.
1 could not tolerate the medication
3 went to the ICU
1 Died

If this is 100% cured, then I've been doing math wrong my entire life.... All of the "Control" patients who did not receive the drug appear to have survived... Hmmmmmm?

From the actual Clinical Trial document:

A total of 26 patients received
hydroxychloroquine and 16 were control patients. Six hydroxychloroquine-treated patients
were lost in follow-up during the survey because of early cessation of treatment. Reasons are
as follows: three patients were transferred to intensive care unit, including one transferred on
day2 post-inclusion who was PCR-positive on day1, one transferred on day3 post-inclusion

who was PCR-positive on days1-2 and one transferred on day4 post-inclusion who was PCR-
positive on day1 and day3; one patient died on day3 post inclusion and was PCR-negative on

day2; one patient decided to leave the hospital on day3 post-inclusion and was PCR-negative
on days1-2; finally, one patient stopped the treatment on day3 post-inclusion because of
nausea and was PCR-positive on days1-2-3. The results presented here are therefore those of
36 patients (20 hydroxychloroquine-treated patients and 16 control patients). None of the
control patients was lost in follow-up.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Decided to look at this thread one more time.
Really looks like some people trying to add debate to what otherwise could just be sharing support, hopeful and good news.
Unfortunetly see those debating, debunking, whatever their goal...with minimal pieces of who knows what and no full knowledge or background of information they are duplicating.
With no acknowledgement to a positive achievement to people who were dying, surviving!

It reminds me of the people in travel ball that no matter who they are coached by, or what playing time their kid gets,
they still complain.
Thats ok, everyone has an opinion and should be allowed to share it.
So i'm sharing mine.
Seeing the way some 'opinions' are expressed in this hard time, that really dont bring with them the hope or encouragement to a positive outcome....is a shame.

To that point, because i believe in positive and know the power of positive, reading this thread seems more like giving an ear to a negative that does not serve any good purpose.

To all on DFP enjoy your perspectives on coronavirus chat.

I will be enjoying the softball threads on this forum.

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
RAD, I think all of us are hopeful that this treatment is safe and effective. As a healthcare provider (HCP) who prescribes meds, we are taught to weigh risk vs benefit, we are taught to consider adverse effects, underlying medical conditions, drug allergies, kidney and liver function, etc. We rely on these trials and studies to prove efficacy of being able to extend the treatment to a greater population. It’s not being negative, it’s being a responsible HCP who wants to be sure they will do no harm to the best extent possible with the info we are provided.

I’m not debating. It just isn’t as easy as it seems for writing a script or order for an off-label use. A lot more goes into it than is known by non-HCP. I‘m just trying to help people understand better why this isn’t being pumped out left and right at this point.

Sorry if my experience as a HCP for the past 20+ years was coming through as me being negative.

Mar 10, 2020
RAD, I think all of us are hopeful that this treatment is safe and effective. As a healthcare provider (HCP) who prescribes meds, we are taught to weigh risk vs benefit, we are taught to consider adverse effects, underlying medical conditions, drug allergies, kidney and liver function, etc. We rely on these trials and studies to prove efficacy of being able to extend the treatment to a greater population. It’s not being negative, it’s being a responsible HCP who wants to be sure they will do no harm to the best extent possible with the info we are provided.

I’m not debating. It just isn’t as easy as it seems for writing a script or order for an off-label use. A lot more goes into it than is known by non-HCP. I‘m just trying to help people understand better why this isn’t being pumped out left and right at this point.

Sorry if my experience as a HCP for the past 20+ years was coming through as me being negative.
Are you saying a person who is dying should not take a risk.
Occupation and demeanor are not related. In my occupation make decisions on risk vs benefit to lives on a daily basis. It would be detrimental to let those daily observations change my demeanor to the public. We have training to help with that.

May 27, 2013
Are you saying a person who is dying should not take a risk.
Occupation and demeanor are not related. In my occupation make decisions on risk vs benefit to lives on a daily basis. It would be detrimental to let those daily observations change my demeanor to the public. We have training to help with that.

Nope. Never said that anywhere. Actually if you read back a few posts I questioned it because it seemed (in the way it was presented) like it was not being given exclusively to those who were severely ill.

May 27, 2013
Doctors, nurses, terminal patients, patients in studies, etc take risks every day. Again. Just stating why I’d like to see a bit more data to support the treatment. Nothing wrong with that.

Mar 10, 2020
Nope. Never said that anywhere. Actually if you read back a few posts I questioned it because it seemed (in the way it was presented) like it was not being given exclusively to those who were severely ill.
In your opinion do you think a person dying should take a risk?

Mar 10, 2020
Doctors, nurses, terminal patients, patients in studies, etc take risks every day. Again. Just stating why I’d like to see a bit more data to support the treatment. Nothing wrong with that.
Are you saying these medicines shouldnt be administered until testing is completed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45