Core Stability

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Said something to my DD and one of our players that really helped them. Maybe command but

1. DD coils stays in her back leg really well but hinges at the waist and leans back. Her swing can get long, drag, and loopy.

2. Other player doesn't get loaded very good and hinges at the waist by leaning forward. Her swing is a push looking swing.

Told them to tighten the core and make it hold them without hinging at the waist. Both are strong kids that at times hits the ball hard and have played enough to be good hitters but nowhere close to where they could be. They crushed the ball and no hinging at all. From just telling them to tighten their core and don't hinge at the waist. My DD head never moved and stayed in the middle the entire time. Not normal for her. Other kid looked fused and was killing the ball.

May 16, 2019
Told them to tighten the core and make it hold them without hinging at the waist. Both are strong kids that at times hits the ball hard and have played enough to be good hitters but nowhere close to where they could be. They crushed the ball and no hinging at all. From just telling them to tighten their core and don't hinge at the waist. My DD head never moved and stayed in the middle the entire time. Not normal for her. Other kid looked fused and was killing the ball.

Pure Gold thank you. I’m working with a young lady that’s not a big hip hinge posture naturally but needs to move better.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478