Core or torso usage

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
5frames,

We are in agreement, the arching of the lower back is key.

What are your other check points? Myers is directions/movements of the spinal engine. Hunched posture, front shoulder moving down and in, hiding the hands. Stretching/loading the spring and then releasing the spring.

May 3, 2014
It really isn't about bending the spine which is exactly what you are promoting with arching the back. He (Rich) is promoting the tilt happening at the hip joint.

Oct 2, 2015
Front lat pull downs and seated rows...
Sets of 5-6...
80, 90, 100, 105, 110...
You want to work the shoulders, obliques, at lats...
Try it.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2LNFjQACSg
I do not see a lot of arching in the lower back. I realize the pitch is up. I said before the lower the pitch the more arch position. I also do not see him rotating around his back hip. I like this swing model more than the Barry Bonds model.

FB0728EF-39F8-4A35-B89A-65133C2659D6.jpg

RH, I’m not sure how you can say his back is not arched when you can see the top of his shoulders but his legs are almost straight up. Maybe our definition of arch is different.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
View attachment 13620

RH, I’m not sure how you can say his back is not arched when you can see the top of his shoulders but his legs are almost straight up. Maybe our definition of arch is different.

In the photo above ... if you were to freeze the orientation of the arms/wrists/hands with the torso, and un-twist/un-rotate the hitter back to their original orientation in their stance, then his hands would still be behind him towards the catcher.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee