Cool video(baseball vs softball)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
Saw this cool video with Paige Halstead(former UCLA catcher) and niche youtuber and former minor leaguer.(Eric Sim)

I think the story was they were doing a planned video with the HS baseball team and halstead went impromptu to see if she could borrow a drop 10 from the softball team to use at the baseball practice. I think the "duel" happened when they went to return the bat. And some trash talk got called.

There are also some videos of halstead taking live AB's off of trevor bauer and her brother(a pro pitcher) on there.

Jun 8, 2016
I've seen several similar videos on Youtube and almost ALL of the baseball players look foolish. I love it!
I get the idea but if anybody thinks that Bonds wouldn't rake in fastpitch if he saw enough pitching you are fooling yourself.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Rod Carew was put to the same test years ago on the t.v. show
Thats Incredible

Can remember All his pretty bats on stage.
And WIFF

The pitcher was still playing in travel ball!
YEP younger than 18!
Samantha Ford

I specifically remember this story because we played her travel ball team a couple weeks after the show aired and she was wearing a t-shirt that said I'm incredible... as our batbuster team promptly beat her team... we were saying we're incredible in The Dugout. You know how softball gets riley LOL :)

Shout out to this awesome pitcher who always brought competition to the field!
Samantha Ford

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2018
Texas
I get the idea but if anybody thinks that Bonds wouldn't rake in fastpitch if he saw enough pitching you are fooling yourself.
I agree, it's all about what you are used to seeing. Fastpitch is a different look with the ball coming at a different angle.

DD's school has JH BB and SB (small private school - about 30 kids per grade). When BB/SB season started, like usual, the boys ribbed the girls about how easy SB is and BB is a real sport....

Season ended 2 weeks ago and at PE (free day), while goofing off on the BB field, DD decided she had enough. She finds a Softball and tells the boys to go get a bat. She proceeded to strike most of them out and she said the best one had was a dribbler to 3rd. She said they have not said a word since. Now, I admit, if the boys had seen her a couple more times, it would probably be a different story.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I remember watching the AB with Albert Pujols when Jennie Finch struck him out, I remember thinking please strike out, please strike out! Cause the whole time I was watching I was thinking please don't hit a ball through her face and kill her on National TV!!

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Easier to transition hitting from
Hitting Fastpitch pitching to then baseball.

Because it is common to see the timing in overhand mechanics and ball trajectory
simply from playing catch.
It is already a learned skill that carries over.

For baseball to fastpitch~
Learning these
1. Timing The underhand delivery mechanics
&
2. Added to timing of shorter distance.
Create that learning curve on adjusting.

imo
The distance isnt as great a factor as the mechanical difference.

Jun 8, 2016
Now, I admit, if the boys had seen her a couple more times, it would probably be a different story.
I think it would probably take more than a couple..I think a few weeks of taking live BP everyday would get an elite baseball hitter to a place where they could at least have a fighting chance against an elite softball pitcher.

Feb 25, 2020
There is a video from like a week later where he gets redemption off a former D1 pitcher. She walked him like 3 or 4 times and then he hit a HR to RF. There's a lot of bad language/trash talk in it. Can youtube search eric sim softball and find it.

I think even pattar could admit that first one was pretty cool though...😀

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802