Converted to Slapping

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
Just wanted to say I’m so proud of dd. Last year during HS ball her hitting seemed to just not be there. She wouldn’t strike out much, but you could see she was just swinging to make contact which resulted in a lot of ground outs. The frustrating thing is she’d go to the cages and kill the ball. She always looked like a beast, which to me meant that the most likely issue was between her ears. Her main role over the summer with her old travel team became just to pitch, and I know it bothered her some.

Fast forward to November - dd was always a fast runner and was always very quick to pick up new skills. She said she always wanted to try slapping because she felt this would allow her to help her team more. I thought that after 16 years of being a righty that this would be a very daunting task for her but I wanted to let her try it as she was very determined to learn this skill. I sought out one of the best slapping coaches in our area and the transformation has been amazing! She has gone from batting about .225 last season to close to .500 this season as the #2. She knows her main role is to get our leadoff moved up. She doesn’t mind sacrificing and most times will get on herself.

I just had to brag a little because not only does she work hard almost every day on this new skill, she is also our school’s #1 pitcher and works tirelessly to get better every day. She recently pitched her team to a 3-0 win over the reigning conference and private school state championship team last week. This same team beat us 13-1 last year and still has most of their team intact from the year before. Just so proud of her and her team. They have truly gelled and are loving their underdog label right now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478