Controlling Load

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I do find this very interesting though. And you might be onto something. So, your saying the absolute goal each and every swing, is to try and get to extension. I am assuming, the barrel is releasing at the same time the player is getting the top to extension?

Brings to my mind, the gif of I believe Donaldson showing another player a punching action.
If the prep to ‘throw’ the barrel isn’t there when it need to be, the swing it’s longer than it should be.

if the prep to throw the barrel isn’t there on time, from the get go. The swing will be longer than it should be.

1635789962122.gif

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
2021-1101-fraud-0.00.00.00.png

#3 should sue his instructor for fraud. Who needs help hitting the ball into the ground?

This is ridiculous. Quackery of the worst sort.

More lawsuit material. This ball will go straight into the ground, barely ahead of the plate.
1635789962122-0.00.01.20.png

I'm sure these are great hitters, just bad instructors. If you don't have an MLB swing already, and you practice as described above, you will get worse.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The TTB method holds onto the barrel to long. Which makes the contact point only deep. The rotational method drags the barrel and makes the swing longer which only lets a hitter hit one pitch at a time. The pro method allows one to delay launch perpendicularly or release the barrel out front. More adjustability than the other two methods.

1635791837696.gif

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
The TTB method holds onto the barrel to long. Which makes the contact point only deep. The rotational method drags the barrel and makes the swing longer which only lets a hitter hit one pitch at a time. The pro method allows one to delay launch perpendicularly or release the barrel out front. More adjustability than the other two methods.

Bonds does not reverse his hands in this demo. This is not how any MLB player swings. This is nonsense.

MLB hitters reverse the top and bottom hands.

miggy-hands-reverse2.gif

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
View attachment 24293

#3 should sue his instructor for fraud. Who needs help hitting the ball into the ground?

This is ridiculous. Quackery of the worst sort.

More lawsuit material. This ball will go straight into the ground, barely ahead of the plate.
View attachment 24294

I'm sure these are great hitters, just bad instructors. If you don't have an MLB swing already, and you practice as described above, you will get worse.

Im convinced you don’t have a clue of how a good swing works.

Reactions: TDS
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Toe touch is not a position of reference. The back elbow up is nothing and hurts more players than helps. Put it right up there w hips before hands. Rotation is but a small part of force production but is really just space making. The hands move away from the body or along the body to hit the ball. They don’t move w the shoulders. They launch from the shoulders. Your right view pro instruction is way off. Buy some new information.

Oct 2, 2017
Toe touch is not a position of reference. The back elbow up is nothing and hurts more players than helps. Put it right up there w hips before hands. Rotation is but a small part of force production but is really just space making. The hands move away from the body or along the body to hit the ball. They don’t move w the shoulders. They launch from the shoulders. Your right view pro instruction is way off. Buy some new information.
Roughly at what point in the swing do the hands launch from the shoulders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802