Controlling Load

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yeah, absolutely - there are problems with both swings that would need corrected if they were actual swings. Posture, shoulder pulling off, and lack of release/extension with the first. Pushing, lower half and sequence issues with the 2nd.

Frankly if 2 kids came to me with swings that actually looked like this, I think the 1st would be easier to correct. In fact, with a swing like the first I might even suggest a cue like swing down on the ball to get less coming out of posture, shoulder pulling off, and keep the shin/spine angle matching. But I wouldn't want to see #2 either in a real swing. I even suspect that that's what's going on in these gifs, he's showing the young man what he's doing and giving a 'swing down' cue to correct it.

But I know these are isolations to demonstrate whatever he's getting at, so it's a little bit of a straw man.

I couldn’t help but notice that the second swing iyo had a pushing lower half? And that was the only issue as opposed to the 3-4 faults found in the early barrel release swing? What sequence issue do you mean as well?

Oct 2, 2017
nice post. If they’re one in the same. Why is one so different looking than the other? Do you see different power sources moving the barrel with the two examples? I think the checkpoint is the back arm. One is extending ASAP. The other example has the back arm staying flexed longer which lags/drags the barrel longer. Do you notice the hips come out of posture so it can make space for the hands to come through w the lagged version. I’ll post again so you don’t have to turn the page. Just a few differences I see.

View attachment 24272

View attachment 24273
Which one of those clips is the instructor demonstrating the correct way he wants it done? The 1st or 2nd

Oct 2, 2017
how did you come to that conclusion?
The previous times I've swung the bat. When I was experimenting between swing down and ttb. I found if it try and swing down and maintained hip hinge and tilted towards the plate it seemed have the correct hand and bat path.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12