Controlling Load

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 8, 2019
IMO This is simply a timing issue plain and simple. She is getting beat to the spot. What happen when you get beat to you spot as a hitter? You rush. Just need to get the forward move happening at or just before release.

Red dot is the ball right at release, she hasn't even begun to start her sequence in this fram
View attachment 24173

Ball already on her, in this frame she just then got to heel plant and started to launch.

View attachment 24174

Thanks for the info and images

Dec 12, 2020
This is live pitching, so if she is actually rushed she may be throwing her load "out the window" as well. Is this swing the same as her tee or soft toss swing?

May 8, 2019
View attachment 24175

She doesn't really have a load, or a coil, or an uncoil.

She has no stride. If you go no-stride, you should pick up the front heel to coil hips in.

Or, go to a stride, and start moving forward when the pitcher releases the ball. Make sure you coil the hips inward as you go.

Notice how she just drops her hands back toward the catcher, without turning her hips around. Her hips should already be turned at 'hip slot'. The back elbow should drop in front of her, not behind her per above.

Notice how pros rotate the hands/shoulders/hips mostly in unison from toe touch to hip slot below.

View attachment 24177

Take a look at her tee work and see what you think

Oct 2, 2017
Take a look at her tee work and see what you think

This is IMO proves, she simply isn't starting her sequence soon enough to complete it and get to her spot. Therefore her sequence breaks down and she cuts everything short because she's rushing. She gets beat. Therefore has some of the issues E is stating. With the tempo she has on the tee swing, if that is her normal tempo, needs to be started much sooner. Just make sure she doesn't start sooner and but then slow down her tempo. The tempo she has belongs to her, own it and do not change it, just start it in the right place.

Review these batters and when they start their sequence with the pitcher. You can slow the video down to see it.

Dec 12, 2020
Just posted tee work
Looks like a different player, lol.

She's obviously rushed. She just needs to be her "tee self," at the correct time.

She can't wait and decide for a strike. Her tee self needs to begin so that she is already striding as the pitcher releases the ball. Someone here always says "ball in the air, foot in the air." Someone else always posts a Sue Enquist video that really hits on a good mental philosophy that there is no decision to swing, it's already made. The only decision is needed to stop it.

Oct 2, 2017
I'm willing to bet she probably doesn't have many timing issues with front toss. Right? She does her normal tee sequence probably too on front toss.

Have you ever noticed that when it comes to front toss, most players (not all) but most never have timing issues. They don't even have to see a pitch first like if you were on deck. They can just step up to the plate and hit with almost no timing issues and no thought to it. I always found that fascinating. What they are failing to realize is that the timing for front toss is basically the same timing as live pitching (in general). The time to contact from release on front toss if done correctly is roughly the same time as live. The time it takes for the back swing to to release in front toss, is the same as the arm circle to start and to go around to release. I think they get a little flustered because there is all the movement of live pitching. A pitcherers stride, and glove hand flying around, LOL. Its a lot to take in verses a simple front toss. Now with all that said, how does a player normally start their sequence for front toss. The start it with the back swing generally,and are starting the forward move a tad before release. Thats really all a player needs to do with live pitching (in general). Start when the arm circle starts. And start going forward a tad before release.

I just thought I would share observation.

May 8, 2019
Is that the same person? That swing is not bad.

Same person lol, I also struggle trying to figure out how to transfer her tee swing to live that’s why I’m here maybe y’all awesome people can help me. I alway thought she had a nice tee swing.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Same person lol, I also struggle trying to figure out how to transfer her tee swing to live that’s why I’m here maybe y’all awesome people can help me. I alway thought she had a nice tee swing.

She has to move out like (visualize) the ball is on a tee vs waiting to see where the ball is going (like clemenslee said beat the pitcher to her spot).. She needs to get there before the ball..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45