Contacts vs glasses

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2015
Contacts! DD hated wearing glasses while playing. Her eye dr usually makes kids wait a year after getting glasses to get contacts but DD switched after 4 months. She just couldn't stand her glasses.

I agree though that if her contacts are falling out she is either putting them in wrong side down, or they are the wrong contacts for her. DD had to switch brands twice because she said they weren't comfortable. She's worn the same brand now for 3 years and has had no problems. She always carries an extra pair in her bag (softball bag, school bag, sleepover bag, etc).

Jun 14, 2018
We have taken DD to the eye doctor already to see what was going on. They said it sounds like one eye is just drying out through out the day and that is why it is falling out.

Mar 13, 2010
Then she should be putting in eye drops to avoid the issue.

Otherwise glasses it is.

Personally my batting imvpored once I started playing with contacts. Getting full vision helps!

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
Contacts for playing 100%. Dd wears glasses for everything else. She just sees the ball better with contacts.
You might think about switching the contact brand if they are drying out or keep eye drops in her bat bag. Trick for putting eye drops if she has a hard time - Have her tilt her head back and close her eye... put the eye drop in the inner corner of her closed eye then have her open her eye. The drop will just fall in.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD started wearing contacts at about 12 years old. She hated sports goggles for whatever reason. Her vision is terrible, and the eye doc said contacts may keep her from changing so drastically....she's like a -10. It was a struggle for a bit at first, but she got the hang of it pretty quickly. I don't think she's ever had one fall out. Like others have mentioned, her hitting improved some when she went to contacts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802