"Connector" Devices

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
Home Depot Part List.
Ignore the Halogen Bulbs & S hooks.

clubReceiptHomeDepot_zps786c9f1d.jpg

Think you could scoll down a bit and include the CC number...?

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
The size of your DD ;)

You just kind of have to eye-ball it. If it looks right, it probably is.

Looking at the gifs, they all look to be too wide to my eye, but I'm a baseball guy so maybe my idea of a correct swing needs adjusting. Are softball swings substantially different?

Jun 18, 2010
Looking at the gifs, they all look to be too wide to my eye, but I'm a baseball guy so maybe my idea of a correct swing needs adjusting. Are softball swings substantially different?

I can only speak for me and my DD, but she had multiple problems.... DBSF (Drop Barrel Swing Flat), ELAB (Early Lead Arm Bar), and an overall Arms driven swing. TM suggested the connector device to try and get her arms more connected to her torso and to not be afraid to let her lead elbow jut. We were also working on turning the barrel about this time. For us, this was about 1.5 years ago.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I can only speak for me and my DD, but she had multiple problems.... DBSF (Drop Barrel Swing Flat), ELAB (Early Lead Arm Bar), and an overall Arms driven swing. TM suggested the connector device to try and get her arms more connected to her torso and to not be afraid to let her lead elbow jut. We were also working on turning the barrel about this time. For us, this was about 1.5 years ago.

Was the connector helpful for her?

Jun 18, 2010
Was the connector helpful for her?

Yes. The gifs posted here were literally some of her very first attempts. We continued working regularly with the device into an everlast body bag I have. We did overcook the barrel turn and it turned into a barrel dump, which we have been slowly correcting.

She can now feel the difference between a "connected" swing and an "arms" swing, which if that were all we got from the device it would have been worth it.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
We did overcook the barrel turn and it turned into a barrel dump.

She can now feel the difference between a "connected" swing and an "arms" swing, which if that were all we got from the device it would have been worth it.

Not sure what you mean by barrel dump....could you or others expand on this? Thanks...T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog