Composite Bat Recommendation for 12U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
My daughters composite (LS Zephyr) broke in half yesterday at a scrimmage.
She was in tears.

I will try to return, but I'm not optomistic (bought in Fall ($95), but did not use at all until two weeks ago)

She uses a 31" 18 oz and a 32" 19 ounce and is not the quickest of hitters.

Any recomendations?
Considering Miken Halo as I can get for around $170-$180 ....

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
DD is 13 and swings the DiMarini CF3 Black 33/23. She got it during Fall Ball '08 and let her team use it. It is so well liked by the girls that 3 of her team mates have their own and the team purchased 2 for the team, a 32/22 and a 30/20.

Great bat, lots of pop, DURABLE and the girls like to be seen with one on their shoulder :cool:

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
bat

My DD is 13 today ... we won a 33/23 Schutt composite in a raffle but it is too big for her....so that will sit.

I'll check out this bat ... but she will need a 19 or 20 oz.
Wimpy pitcher ... lol

FJRGerry

Abby's Dad
Jan 23, 2009
Collegeville, PA
Based on this past weekends 12U tournament (Allentown PA Spring Fling) the DeMarini Vendetta is the "hot bat" of the season. My daughter has one, as well as two of her team mates, and all like theirs so far. I also noticed numerous other players on other teams using the same bat.

Gerry

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
We use the CF3 and Rip it Force. The rip it force is a better cold weather bat. Most of the 13U and 14U are using the 33 /23 or even the -9 CF3. Great bat if you have a good hand path. We have a 12U that is hitting HR 's with a 33/23. If you understand Mass and Bat Speed, the heavier the bat that you can handle the more force. Not a fan of -12 drops.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
-12 drop

MY DD just turned 13 ...
wimpy hitter, slow bat speed,

Any recommendations ....dreaming about Demarini CF3, Miken Rain ...

but what would add a liitle pop ..
read the Foxy ....

if not a longer lighter ...-11, -10?

She's 5"2, about 115 pounds ...

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
bat recommendation

That's the thing ...her swing is good ... at practice, with coach ....

In a game, hesitates and waits too long....
She told me that she doesn't know if it will be a ball or a strike in game so she waits too long...then it is too late.

First year in Travel and she is like a deer in the headlights ... so afraid to make a mistake.

I like the coach, but he's does odd things...Sat practice says girls who come to practice will play ....my DD has missed two since October ... only one other player matches that (our other pitcher)
4 players hardly ever come to practice ...
Scrimmage my DD plays 3 innings (only one to get so few innings) .....the 4 who don't come played 5-7 innings.
I understand best player plays in Travel (My DD is middle of the pack as a fielder. #2 pitcher) but this was a scrimmage and would have been the perfect time to set the example for those who choose not to come.
11 players on the team right now.

Early yet .... we'll have to see how it all works out.

Jul 21, 2008
Tell DD that she should not decide too swing she should decide NOT to swing. What I mean by this is she has to say to herself that I'm swing at every pitch and then make the decision to stop her swing. If she waits until she decides if pitch is a ball or strike she will be late everytime.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28