Composite Bat Recommendation for 12U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 14, 2008
SBFAMILY has a great point instead of dumping money in a bat place that money in a hitting instructor then once she has that first good move to the ball and all her mechanics are there then the instructor and you can decide what it te best bat for your dd, you might find that you have to purchase another bat after she has had training,

Tim

Aug 21, 2008
My daughters use the Rip It; most on ebay are pretty affordable at the 31" length. However, it is only a drop of -9.

May 9, 2008
Hartford, CT
composite bat rec

We sent her bat back to Louisville Slugger.
They mailed a replacement and it should be here today.

Pleased with that service.

For now we will stick with this...

Hitter

Banned
Dec 6, 2009
"In a game, hesitates and waits too long....
She told me that she doesn't know if it will be a ball or a strike in game so she waits too long...then it is too late."

Teach how to track the ball in every drill she does. There is a thread on tracking the ball and I would start there first. She needs to always think there is a pitcher in front of her and she is trying to time her. Look at her stance and see if she is open, closed or even and that is your starting point as I only have three girls that use a closed stance and all three had the lazy left eye surgery. Read the thread and let me know if you need any help. Load at the K position and step at the release.

Thanks Howard

Sep 11, 2009
My daughters composite (LS Zephyr) broke in half yesterday at a scrimmage.
She was in tears.

I will try to return, but I'm not optomistic (bought in Fall ($95), but did not use at all until two weeks ago)

She uses a 31" 18 oz and a 32" 19 ounce and is not the quickest of hitters.

Any recomendations?
Considering Miken Halo as I can get for around $170-$180 ....

You cannot go wrong with the Miken Halo. Great bat, both the -12 (light) and -10

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
Glad you've gotten a replacement bat.

Tell her not to think about it. My best hits are when I'm not thinking. It all comes natural and my body just goes with it.

Nov 1, 2009
The Miken Halo is an excellent choice for the parameters you outlined. We have a couple of Miken bats on our team and the they make good equipment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802