Comments Welcome 07 Hitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Yeah she does have bat drag. It is when the elbow out races the hands. Baseball rebellion has a hitting aid name bat drag buster. It works.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
She drops her elbow (slots) too early and her elbow gets stuck to her rib cage. With my DD we use a heavy bat and take 50 percent swings to extension focussing on keeping hands ahead of the elbow. She needs to fix this now.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
She drops her elbow (slots) too early and her elbow gets stuck to her rib cage. With my DD we use a heavy bat and take 50 percent swings to extension focussing on keeping hands ahead of the elbow. She needs to fix this now.

It has been called slot and shift, elbow lowers as the hitter shifts forward.

I can see the barrel dip through the zone.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Seems the hands load back first and the backside collapses then the shoulders get flipped early, dropping the hands and barrel early. As RH said do the feet together drill. I would also do it off high tee too. With some posture.

I would address the hand placement at set up as well. She’s puts them in a position to get stuck. Maybe try near the rear shoulder above or below or right at the same height. They shouldn’t load first.

Oct 4, 2018
It's a tough one. My older DD drops her hands and either hits a pop up (if slow pitcher) or swings under the ball (if a faster pitcher).

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
He's a little confused here - it's not the back instep. A better cue to fix this is to keep the back heel on the ground as long as you can.

And in his demo he is striding with his front leg, which is exactly the opposite of what he says he wants to fix.

So, I'm a no on this one.
Heel is probably better but he does not stride out with his front leg. He demonstrates the wrong way and maybe that's what you're seeing. There is more good in this video then bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802