Colored glove question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2019
I have an older Easton Stealth Pro Glove (2017) that is black with white webbing. Glove works but DD is complaining in it turning her hand black. Is it just a poor leather / dye problem or too much dirt on the inside? Who makes the Easton gloves?

With all the great glove pic members keep posting it is getting difficult to resist buying a new one. Season is starting in about 2 months so still to start working on a new one.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Wish I could help, Ive heard of this happening but it’s never happened to us. I do remember Anna’s hand getting black from some cheap batting gloves, moving to Franklin batting gloves fixed that, great batting gloves!

I’m not familiar with this particular Easton, is it by chance synthetic or is it real leather?

Being a fan of true old school tan gloves, we’ve just never had this problem before.

What age is your DD, and her level of play?

Apr 28, 2019
I have an older Easton Stealth Pro Glove (2017) that is black with white webbing. Glove works but DD is complaining in it turning her hand black. Is it just a poor leather / dye problem or too much dirt on the inside? Who makes the Easton gloves?

With all the great glove pic members keep posting it is getting difficult to resist buying a new one. Season is starting in about 2 months so still to start working on a new one.
One of my daughters has this glove. She loves it. No problems with dye bleeding. The glove retailed for $180 so it’s not a cheap glove.
It has less padding than my other DD’s Liberty Advanced but daughter with the Stealth Pro prefers lighter gloves.
Personally I think it’s a well made glove especially for the $50 I paid for it.

Aug 3, 2019
Wish I could help, Ive heard of this happening but it’s never happened to us. I do remember Anna’s hand getting black from some cheap batting gloves, moving to Franklin batting gloves fixed that, great batting gloves!

I’m not familiar with this particular Easton, is it by chance synthetic or is it real leather?

Being a fan of true old school tan gloves, we’ve just never had this problem before.

What age is your DD, and her level of play?
DD plays 2nd yr 12u travel. No no elite or select description tagged to the team.
Admittedly I don't know much about the fine points of gloves. DD selected this glove cause it looked good. It is described as having hero kip leather with sheep skin lining. As MB22 said it retailed for a $180. At time of purchase I was hoping to get a decent one to get her closer to HS.

I will see what I can do to clean it up a bit to see if that helps.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
DD plays 2nd yr 12u travel. No no elite or select description tagged to the team.
Admittedly I don't know much about the fine points of gloves. DD selected this glove cause it looked good. It is described as having hero kip leather with sheep skin lining. As MB22 said it retailed for a $180. At time of purchase I was hoping to get a decent one to get her closer to HS.

I will see what I can do to clean it up a bit to see if that helps.

Kip & sheepskin, sounds like an upper tier glove to me? Her hand is getting stained on the back of her hand and fingers and NOT on her palm, right??

If that is correct, especially the back of her hand, that‘s coming from the rough cut side of the leather of the glove shell.

When you say ”clean it up a bit” I wonder if that’ll do more harm than good?

Couple things you can try.........first, is she willing to try wearing a batting glove inside of her glove? And second, is her hand excessively sweating? You could try some Obenauf’s beeswax to seal the leather from sweat & moisture.

I‘ve use Obenauf’s many many times, excellent product, but I’ve only ever applied it to the palm liner, never to the upper inner shell. Of course I was just speculating that the staining was coming from there, don’t think you ever said?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
She might be excessively sweating or for some reason the glove is rubbing her there
more than it should be because of being too tight?

Just throwing ideas

I have always wore a batting glove under my glove.

Aug 3, 2019
It seems to be around the tops of the fingers and getting her nails dirty. Not the palms although I have felt the inside after she has played a game and it is quite wet.

I was thinking about blowing out the glove, to get any loose dirt out, wiping it down with a slightly damp warm rag, trying to get in the fingers and following up with some beeswax as mentioned.

See if I can get her through another year. Hoping for the best.

Thanks for everyone's insight.

Sep 29, 2014
When I played seriously I did always wear batting glove under my fielding glove...funny though none of my kids did.

I would go ahead and try and clean it out and see if that helps can't hurt...good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28