Color of sunglass lenses

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2018
DD has a pair of really great Ray Ban Baloramas with prescrip. lenses. She wears contacts now so I want to swap out the lenses and am looking for tips on the best color for softball. Online research is 100% contradictory. One says no polarization b/c it throws off depth perception and glare isn't an issue on fields another says polarization a must. One says no to gray only rosegold, another says the opposite. What say you oh wise and experienced DFP posters.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Im interested in others opinions and experience as well. DD used sunglasses for the first time last year. They were a green polarized. She loved how much the polarization worked to reduce glare. DD never mentioned any issue with depth perception during pitching or fielding. She did not wear them hitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
We went with underarmor youth. They have a couple colors, but more important, THEY HAVE A LIFETIME WARRANTY. I think my DD has be through about 8 pairs in the last 7 years and only payed the original $100. Well worth the money!!

Does the warranty cover the lenses? I’m assuming so since you’ve had 8 pairs. DD wreaked havoc on her lenses from last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 14, 2020
My daughter (9) wore the Rawlings RY1901 in mirrored blue len last summer at 3b, to catch, and while hitting. She won't use anything else. I've already bought a couple of extra pair to rotate in as they inevitably get damaged. They're not very expensive.

It's a grey/green lens that's not polarized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802