Collegiate Sports Cancellations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2015
Stanford has all kinds of issues. This was not completely C19 driven but certainly played into the decision. They cannot figure out how to open school and seem much more concerned with ongoing social issues than getting their house in order. They have an a business model that grows more unsustainable in the face of C19, Bay Area Economics, and other factors.

Stanford announced their re-opening plan for 20-21 before they announced the sports cuts.

Would love to hear more about ongoing social issues and the business model. Thanks!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I can't keep up with these cancellations anymore and now it's gone to a completely new level...we just got the email this morning that my girls school isn't allowing students on campus at all this fall. SMH

Good luck to you all.

Apr 1, 2017
Not a school, but maybe a sign of where things are headed. The Chicago Cubs do a fan convention every winter. The 2021 convention (Jan 15-17) was cancelled over the weekend. That's with Illinois doing relatively "well" right now.

Jun 26, 2020
From what I'm hearing behind the scenes. I don't believe that any collegiate sports will happen this fall. Covid is the boogie man and liability attorneys are on the prowl

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
At DD's (D3)school: Esports has not cancelled. They announced this summer that they are offering Scholarships for team members. The Esports team actually wins money! Because it's not governed under the NCAA, they can offer scholarships.

I knew I should have played more Wii with my kids and maybe even purchase that PS3 I always wanted. I bought bats instead!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802