College playing opportunities...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
She emailed both coaches back in October... Are these coaches just getting back to work after the holiday break?

January 2, 2020 marks the open of the spring evaluation period that runs through May 25th. The fall period has a lot of "Dead" times where coaches aren't supposed to contact, so it's entirely possible that your DD got back-burnered until the open period.

You can see the whole calendar here:
https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/compliance/recruiting/calendar/2019-20D1REC_WSBRecruitingCalendar.pdf

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
January 2, 2020 marks the open of the spring evaluation period that runs through May 25th. The fall period has a lot of "Dead" times where coaches aren't supposed to contact, so it's entirely possible that your DD got back-burnered until the open period.

This is true because they are technically in-season now, but this does NOT prevent them from having "unofficial visits" and making offers, or talking on the phone. These coaches will answer the phone when you call, so why not call and talk to them? I'll bet 95% of coaches will tell you if they have openings, interest, etc if your kid (meaning the OP) will just give them a ring.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
. So what’s really going on here? Are these coaches just getting back to work after the holiday break? It’s been at least a couple of months since she sent those emails. Maybe they are just taking stock and looking at what they still need after I’m sure recruiting kids from the Fall season.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many times, the college coaches are chasing the same player(s). Obviously, Suzy SoftballWhiz can't play at Alabama, UCLA, Tufts and Colgate at the same. When Suzy picks one, then the coaches start scrambling.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2