College playing opportunities...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I always equate recruiting to dating. For it to work there not only has to be interest on both sides but at some point someone also has to act on it and find out where it goes. If you sit on the wall and hope then it will pass you by.

She is a senior and it is time for her to be aggressive. Call the coach ON THE PHONE or GO MEET THEM IN PERSON and make it clear that this school is her #1 choice. She is going to go to the school and she wants a roster spot. She can ask directly where she stands.

There is a lot of reasons it may not have happened yet - it may be that he thinks she is better than his program or not good enough or she doesn't fit his 'type' of player or he doesn't have any money left to offer... the reasons are many. But as a senior she can find out - there is basically zero restrictions on contact.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Has your TB's college recruiter/coach reached out to the college to ask them point blank if there is a shot at playing for the school? Don't beat around the bush and go get an answer. You want a Yes or a No answer so you guys can plan your next move. The coach will be honest.

ez_softball

Life at the diamond...
Apr 14, 2017
Wow... thank you all!!! This information has been extremely helpful for my daughter as she has read through your responses. Many of these things have been said by me to her over the past year or so BUT hearing (reading) it from others has really motivated her to get going!

Again, thank you!

ez_softball

Life at the diamond...
Apr 14, 2017
I thought that I would update this post as well as thanking you all again for the advice.

The coach at the desired school did follow-up and has invited her for an official recruiting visit. In addition, we have 5 or 6 other invitations for recruiting visits this fall. To this point we have only accepted (2) invitations but will be adding more in the next couple weeks. It comes down to the time and travel involved along with balancing school and fall travel ball schedule. In any case, it has been an interesting few weeks and I'm sure the next few months will be as well.

Nov 18, 2013
I thought that I would update this post as well as thanking you all again for the advice.

The coach at the desired school did follow-up and has invited her for an official recruiting visit. In addition, we have 5 or 6 other invitations for recruiting visits this fall. To this point we have only accepted (2) invitations but will be adding more in the next couple weeks. It comes down to the time and travel involved along with balancing school and fall travel ball schedule. In any case, it has been an interesting few weeks and I'm sure the next few months will be as well.

So exciting! Best of luck to her!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802