College Exposure Tournaments?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2010
14uTeam is from Missouri and we played in one in KC and STL last year and we are looking to for some different ones this coming year. We've heard about one in College Station TX but don't know the name of it, any help would be appreciated

Feb 9, 2011
You see lots of college coaches walking around at the Pitch for the Cure in Fayetteville, AR each year and it's a great event to support. Texas seems to have alot of big events in Longview and Sherevport hosts big tournaments also. Doesn't nessasarly have to be called showcase to get coaches there.

I do wonder if coaches attend the different World Series events around the country?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
While I applaud your ambition, it has been my experience that 14U is just a profit center for whomever is running the showcase. If the 14U teams are played on a field of significant distance from the 16U and 18U brackets, the "exposure" your team receives will be negligable. There may be some STUD player who recieves some interest from schools at 14U, but they are the exception, not the rule(think top 0.5%). Our team plans to play in two this summer, but they are both local, so no hotel stays or long drives. We are playing in them to get our girls over the "butterflies" a showcase, and to "grease the wheels" to make sure we get in as a 16U team. The showcases in Atlanta are POPULAR and there is a waiting list of teams to get in.

Dec 7, 2011
While I applaud your ambition, it has been my experience that 14U is just a profit center for whomever is running the showcase. If the 14U teams are played on a field of significant distance from the 16U and 18U brackets, the "exposure" your team receives will be negligable. There may be some STUD player who recieves some interest from schools at 14U, but they are the exception, not the rule(think top 0.5%). Our team plans to play in two this summer, but they are both local, so no hotel stays or long drives. We are playing in them to get our girls over the "butterflies" a showcase, and to "grease the wheels" to make sure we get in as a 16U team. The showcases in Atlanta are POPULAR and there is a waiting list of teams to get in.

Yup!! Dittos!!!!

Sep 18, 2011
Yes, and ditto to what JAD said. DD's team has played in approximately 5 exposure tournaments, 2 at 16U and 3 at 14U. Don't think there has been a single college coach at any of the 14U games.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee