Cold Weather Games

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I am looking at next week's weather forecast for DD's college games. Fri Lo 14/ Hi 30 Sat Lo 17/Hi 33 In everyone's cold weather experiences, do you think they will play these games? I am very weary about driving 5 hours to be miserable and I know the players will be hating their lives. I don't think my DD has been in weather below 25 degrees in her life.

May 21, 2018
I am looking at next week's weather forecast for DD's college games. Fri Lo 14/ Hi 30 Sat Lo 17/Hi 33 In everyone's cold weather experiences, do you think they will play these games? I am very weary about driving 5 hours to be miserable and I know the players will be hating their lives. I don't think my DD has been in weather below 25 degrees in her life.

Perfect time for that 2 sport athlete that plays indoors in February. :cool:

Apr 28, 2019
As long as the field is playable and the Sun is out why not play?
Would also help if there was little or no wind.
If College supplies the bats I say play ball. I’m not aware of any game time temp guidelines for extreme high/low temps.
There may be some temp guidelines but if there are they have never come up.
If your playing in the East there is some kind of “Polar Vortex” headed our way for end of weekend into next week.
DD’s both cleared an area in the snow yesterday to get some BP in. It was mid 30’s and Sunny. 18 Stealth took it like a Champ.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Cold weather parent here, yup thats not bad at all. get your finger and toe warmers ready. :) We have played when its snowing and blowing in those temps. But thats when I honk when something good happens haha

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I feel for the girls in that weather. My DD has told me how much it hurts your hands when you hit the ball in cold weather like that.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Playing in cold or snow is OK, the freezing rain is just brutal and you are right on that temp.

I would look if they expect rain.

May 27, 2013
Yep - I remember some mid-March games in HS where it would be snowing and ground was completely frozen in the NE. I was just happy to be playing. Now running winter track in that weather during the one meet named the “Icicle Invitational” was way worse. Times definitely sucked big time!!

Oct 10, 2018
Yikes, that's cold. We've seen some days start out just above freezing but warm up to a more reasonable (but still cold) 40+. Not fun for anyone I think and a good way to get injured if the girls don't warm up and stay warmed up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812