coach telling DD to "roll the wrists"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 2, 2008
You mean moving your elbow in a line 2 feet toward the pitcher? I agree.

Or the fact that he's not even holding onto the bat:confused: I mean....hows that going to work? he must be stupid.

Aug 2, 2008
I agree that 10 second snippit is a terrible demonstration. forward and up like going up a ramp is not what this guy is demonstrating at all. Everything can be perverted.

There is no way you cannot go forward slightly. even up and forward is still forward.

May 16, 2010
This is a red flag to me to tell him to butt out - but maybe I don't understand the benefits to rolling the wrists.

His daughter (14) is big and strong and has the most screwed up bat path I've ever seen but she punishes the ball. I think she can do it because of her strength even though the mechanics are messed up. its like her swing starts normally but converts to a tomahawk at contact. I know she has strong wrists because I've played catch with her and she puts some serious mustard on the ball.

My DD (13) is much smaller, looks to have a good swing (except for a few needed adjustments) but she just doesn't seem to hit the ball hard.(I think due to size and ineffective use of the lower body)

Is there a benefit to teaching her to do something that I do not see in MLB or NCAA?

Ask him if he's ever heard of Ted Williams, who said, "it is a snap, and definitely not a roll."

None of these guys have rolled their wrists;

mlb9.jpg

Cabrera (like all MLB hitters) is not rolling his wrists into contact;

miggynoroll.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee