Coach Signaling We Should Resign?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
10U is crazy-town. No lead is safe.

Passed balls will drive you batty. Dropped third strikes will make you pull your hair out. You team might have more errors than hits some games.

It gets better. Work hard on your DD, switch to a better team next season if she can make it.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
We were down 2-0 at that point in the game. Ended up losing 8-0. She sat the bench after she was pulled.

After 7 Ks, I get how that is frustrating. If there only two hits, there must have been a few errors. Doesn't matter how many runs the other teams gets, if your team can't score, you aren't going to win.

Back in the last decade when DD was a 10U, we were cruising in an elimination game...up by 4 runs. The HC pulls the pitcher in final inning and puts in his kid. She didn't want to pitch, but he made her. She walked in 5 runs. Parents were yelling at the HC from the bleachers. It was a horror show. It was later in the summer and we didn't leave right then, but I swore I'd never spend another inning with that team after the season was over.

Jul 4, 2020
N.E.
There are many bad coaches out there that have no idea what they are doing or they are playing a lot of daddy ball and coaching his DD and her friends, while anyone else who poses a threat to that gets the short end of the stick. I would have your daughter talk to the coach and see what the coach tells her....there are life lessons to be learned here. I would then speak to the coach separate of that and see what they have to say. If you are not happy, it will continue to get worse. The squeaky wheel gets the grease as they say and it will only be taken out on your daughter.
There is always talk of trying out for the team...... you also need to try the team out for your kid and you. If its toxic, leave and go find happiness, just do your homework first before writing the check. Maybe guest at a few places that you find interest in.

Mar 12, 2021
Morristown, NJ
As an update, we've been hanging in there and while we are at the start of the season, it's been painful. Last 7 games, played maybe 4 innings in RF only. It's totally destroying her confidence at this point. Supposed to go to two far away tournaments (flights, hotels, rental cars) and have been delaying booking. Would be such a waste of money to go and barely play.

May 21, 2018
As an update, we've been hanging in there and while we are at the start of the season, it's been painful. Last 7 games, played maybe 4 innings in RF only. It's totally destroying her confidence at this point. Supposed to go to two far away tournaments (flights, hotels, rental cars) and have been delaying booking. Would be such a waste of money to go and barely play.

0.0 percent chance I'm dropping that kind of cash to watch DD ride the pine. Especially at the 12u B level (and honestly, not trying to be a jerk, but based on some of your previous posts, sounds like closer to C level). I think it's time to have a discussion with the coach.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Battered Wife Syndrome. They keep going back, thinking that things will change for the better. I would NOT spend any more money on this team. Find a team that values your DD. This whole situation is just pathetic and is totally avoidable. This coach is just horrible and is an embarrassment to all of the decent coaches doing it right. This is NOT right.

The title of this post might just be correct and your coach is surprised that you are still showing up. Just leave.

Mar 12, 2021
Morristown, NJ
Battered Wife Syndrome. They keep going back, thinking that things will change for the better. I would NOT spend any more money on this team. Find a team that values your DD. This whole situation is just pathetic and is totally avoidable. This coach is just horrible and is an embarrassment to all of the decent coaches doing it right. This is NOT right.

The title of this post might just be correct and your coach is surprised that you are still showing up. Just leave.
Thank you. We've spoken to the coaches - and not in a "why isn't my kid playing" approach but a "is she a valuable part of this team" and "what else can we be doing". They always say, yes yes she's part of the team blah blah blah. Now feels like they just want our money.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida

You are still there?

Get out.

May 6, 2015
defintel talk to the HC. I would be upfront, that if he expects you to travel to these tournaments she must play. and if you go to first and she does not play, follow it up, do not throw the $$ away on the second.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjhood