Coach Signaling We Should Resign?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Thank you. We've spoken to the coaches - and not in a "why isn't my kid playing" approach but a "is she a valuable part of this team" and "what else can we be doing". They always say, yes yes she's part of the team blah blah blah. Now feels like they just want our money.
I'm sorry you're in this spot, it can be pretty demoralizing for you and DD. I think the coaches' actions have spoken louder than their words. Even if they promise playing time in the upcoming tourneys, I wouldn't bet my money on it. What they will do has already been demonstrated. Fire them by walking away.

May 6, 2015
if you want to be really nasty (not saying you should, but just in case), keep talking as if you are going to do the big travel tournaments. then simply go have a fun family weekend. who knows, someone gets sick, turns an ankle, gets dehydrated, and presto, HC is in a jam of his own making.

Oh, and post it on social media what a great time you had!

Mar 6, 2016
As an update, we've been hanging in there and while we are at the start of the season, it's been painful. Last 7 games, played maybe 4 innings in RF only. It's totally destroying her confidence at this point. Supposed to go to two far away tournaments (flights, hotels, rental cars) and have been delaying booking. Would be such a waste of money to go and barely play.

SEVEN games and she's played FOUR innings???? You need to GET OUT and let your daughter PLAY somewhere else. Even if the team you may find is crappy or worse than this current one...who cares at 12u. Kids just want to PLAY. Go find a team that she'll play and have fun.

Oct 4, 2018
As an update, we've been hanging in there and while we are at the start of the season, it's been painful. Last 7 games, played maybe 4 innings in RF only. It's totally destroying her confidence at this point. Supposed to go to two far away tournaments (flights, hotels, rental cars) and have been delaying booking. Would be such a waste of money to go and barely play.

I'd get out now, before that financial commitment is made (by you). You gave it a try, it didn't get better.

Aug 25, 2019
Please, run to the hills brother!......I know you may preach "finish what you started" like alot of cats here, but if you leave tomorrow (today actually), sounds like the coach wouldn't give it a extra thought, probably saying to his AC "what took them so long"..........

Oh, and are you sticking around since you paid up front?......that could be a pain in the keister to get your money back if you leave, but if you did pay up front, and you can afford to take the hit, leave man leave!

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2015
Wow. Im not a team hopper but 4 innings in 7 games is ridiculous. You absolutely should not be flying and paying rental cars for that. You are absolutely justified in leaving.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jan 31, 2011
Pitchers gotta pitch! Period. The longer you wait, the more innings she misses out in the circle. Plus the bad situation will not get better. Like another poster said, "Every 12U team is looking for a pitcher." Go find one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee