Coach place on admin leave ...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 7, 2018
From my recollection, OP DD is on a smaller D1 program with a new coach after the last one got fired. Right? And yes, I would be concerned that the coach could be in trouble in their first semester.

Last year my DD's college coach said something that may be considered insensitive(stereo type) to a player that was reported to the Athletic Dept. Some might have considered it a compliment, but in today's reality it was a poor attempt at humor. I am sure the coach had to have that talk and I wouldn't be surprised if "sensitivity training" was required.
Yep you are correct, but this is DDs sophomore year and coach's 2nd season. I hope it is something that is easily resolved! I have a feeling it might have to do with there being so many players and some of the freshman brought in did not dress or participate in any fall scrimmages.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Yep you are correct, but this is DDs sophomore year and coach's 2nd season. I hope it is something that is easily resolved! I have a feeling it might have to do with there being so many players and some of the freshman brought in did not dress or participate in any fall scrimmages.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
I don't think the coach would be put on admin leave for something like that, but that is pretty crappy for the coach to do that. I could see lots of complaints over that. IMO, for the players not "making it" they should have at least played in the home events. During the end of fall meetings, they would be notified that they will be redshirted. Then those players can make their decisions. Keep working or transfer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28