Coach Assaults Ump

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
We were at this tournament this weekend and played this team twice (1 pool and 1 bracket). The Ump assaulted was actually scheduled to be in the field for our bracket game against them Sunday morning, but was switched to another game. BTW, we knocked them out of the tournament in that game.

It's sad that this happens. It's 12U softball. Rumor Sunday morning was that the coach and his wife followed the ump all the way out to his car and hit him 3 times in the face. It was after they lost 10-1 to probably the best team there.

What I don't get is, how can the org say he will still coach the team? If I was a parent, I would be looking for a new team. No way my kid would play for a coach like that.

Sep 29, 2014
No kidding what TD or UIC is going to let him into their tournament. If I were a TD or UIC I would not even let the guy in the ballpark if I could get away with it (depending on if the park is private or public). and if I was the umpire I would in no way ask the prosecutor to give this guy any kind of break I will gladly testify and if I had any say throw the book at the guy. It is just simply never OK to put your hands on someone like that.

Jul 22, 2015
Every time I see something like this I secretly wish the dirtbag in question would have tried this with an umpire/opposing coach who happened to be a former MMA or boxing champ.

Jun 24, 2019
We were suppose to go to that tournament lol but we found something closer and cancel this one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812