Coach asked me why I teach I/R!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2012
It was funny yesterday. My DD isn't a pitcher by no means, but she wants to pitch so bad. So I told her we would for 10U. After that if she doesn't get any bigger we are gonna just work on fielding and hitting. She's the smallest on her travel ball team. She gonna play park ball just to pitch some.

Travel coach been watching and asked why you teach that style of pitching. Because they are straight hello elbow. My little bitty DD already throws as fast as our number one, but hasn't quite have the control yet. Even a former D1 World Series pitcher we know teaches hello elbow. I told my wife I bet she didn't do it when she pitched in college.

Have any of ya'll been asked why you teach I/R instead of Hello elbow? And what was your response???

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Just ignore everyone, as they get older the unsolicited advice falls away. DD used to get a lot of input at 10/11 years old, it magically stopped last year and i haven't heard a peep of advice since then.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Swinging a golf club is the closest athletic motion to softball pitching. Did you ever see Tiger Woods finish a drive with HE?

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Sounds like you have a good coach hes asking questions. Atleast your coach isnt barking at your DD every pitch saying 'Finish here! Finish here!" While doing the HE motion.

Jun 12, 2015
Watching all the 10U tournaments I do now, it's kinda crazy how many girls use HE. And a lot of them you can actually see them pitch IR, then remember to bring their hand up to their ear after a second, which makes absolutely no impact on anything. It seems so obviously stupid. A girl on our ex team is taking lessons from the girl I posted on here about, who said how crazy it was some PCs teach turning your hand over when you pitch. I want to say something about it but I don't want to seem like I'm butting in, ya know? Blah.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478