Closed web for pitcher?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 15, 2012
In that case don’t worry about hitting your spots. Just throw strikes down the middle of the plate....

By the way I had a 10u rec ball team many years ago that I would of given anything to have my pitcher throw strikes down the middle of the plate. She was by far the hardest throwing pitcher in the league. Girls couldn’t touch her. Problem was she had zero control or consistency. She threw several no hitters (that we lost) as she had innings where she would walk 4 batters and hit 3 batters in an inning. She’d look great 2-3 innings and then the wheels would fall off. Her glove selection was the furthest thing from my mind...

It’s all a matter of perspective of what level you are competing at.

Sep 3, 2018
My kid uses the 11.75 A2000 with the I web to pitch in 14u. I was thinking about getting her the Romero signature glove for HS as it matches the schools colors.
Glove Smith makes custom webs that i can relace her gloves with if the open webs ever become a problem. Wilson are sort of jerks about selling you replacement webs

Sep 3, 2018
In that case don’t worry about hitting your spots. Just throw strikes down the middle of the plate....

By the way I had a 10u rec ball team many years ago that I would of given anything to have my pitcher throw strikes down the middle of the plate. She was by far the hardest throwing pitcher in the league. Girls couldn’t touch her. Problem was she had zero control or consistency. She threw several no hitters (that we lost) as she had innings where she would walk 4 batters and hit 3 batters in an inning. She’d look great 2-3 innings and then the wheels would fall off. Her glove selection was the furthest thing from my mind...

It’s all a matter of perspective of what level you are competing at.

They allow park and rec oftball pitchers to hit multiple hitters? Mt son played little league til he was 9 but once a pitcher hit the second batter he had to come out of the game

Sep 20, 2017
So A quick update we got our Bradley today and she loves it, super light, fits her hand well and can instantly close it. Seems like a very well made glove from overseas. Indonesia is what the tag says. I think I should have tried one of these for her earlier. That being said I think I messed up by going with an 11.75" model. It seems very small. Its almost the same size as her 11.5 jenny finch model, Which happens to be her favorite glove ever. But it is considerably smaller than her vinci. All of that makes her super happy, she really does like a small glove. Its pouring rain out here so we probably wont get to play catch until Wed. Ill keep you posted. Her are some pics for reference..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802