Closed web for pitcher?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You say when she’s not pitching, she’s plays some outfield and both corners......? An H-web forms a much better pocket and works much better at those positions, and........you can pitch with it!

Just messing with ya (but it’s true). Good luck to you and her both, hope the new glove is a hit:cool:.

Sep 20, 2017
??? where the heck are you you lucky bastard, getting ready for arctic conditions here (and heat in DDs teams indoor facility basically makes it bearable, still need witner coat)

Sunny Southern California... the only thing good about it is the weather but hey year round softball!

Dec 15, 2012
Here is some additional food for thought.
1) Video from Bill Hillhouse. https://vimeo.com/126919129
2) When starting out at coach or machine pitch, watch what the coach does prior to every pitch. The coach holds the ball up and pauses to make sure the batters eyes are FOCUSED on the ball so they can get their timing. As you move to kid pitch it absolutely an advantage to keep the ball hidden. Take away their ability to FOCUS on the ball. Anything you can do to disrupt, minimize, or alter a batters FOCUS on the ball will help a pitcher.
3) Research fastpitch gloves by position. All of the pitchers gloves are closed web.

Get a glove that is age appropriate and fits your DD!

Nov 4, 2015
Have a 13 yr old that currently uses a 12" vinci. Glove is great when pitching, but she is also playing some corner infield and some outfield. Would like to get her in a 12.5 for this. Have not handled a Bradley glove, but I'm interested. I see folks suggesting them for 10u, but what about for the older girls? Thanks

Apr 30, 2018
Bradley has several series (Big Series, Bandito Pro, Next Level) that are geared towards older players with better grades of leather. As they get older they start to have more options with some of the other brands (Vinci, etc) as their hands can start to handle adult sizes gloves too. I would get a few from different brands to try out and find the one that fits best. Just make sure they have a good return policy. Bradley gives you 30 days to try it out.

https://www.bradleybaseballgloves.c...ito-pro-usa-premium-steer-hide-black-and-bone

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

May 28, 2014
Have a 13 yr old that currently uses a 12" vinci. Glove is great when pitching, but she is also playing some corner infield and some outfield. Would like to get her in a 12.5 for this. Have not handled a Bradley glove, but I'm interested. I see folks suggesting them for 10u, but what about for the older girls? Thanks

If you wanted another Vinci, let me know - I have a ton in stock currently - :)

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802