Clemente

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Capture.JPG

He had bat drag at the start. Notice the vertical rear forearm, and the hands far away from the shoulder. He has no initial leverage on the bat.

That's why he was forced to push his arms so far away from his body before contact, and then hit the ball so far ahead of his front foot at contact.

He was a superior athlete to be able to time offspeed pitches with a swing like that. Notice how far back in the box he was.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
View attachment 20174

He had bat drag at the start. Notice the vertical rear forearm, and the hands far away from the shoulder. He has no initial leverage on the bat.

That's why he was forced to push his arms so far away from his body before contact, and then hit the ball so far ahead of his front foot at contact.

He was a superior athlete to be able to time offspeed pitches with a swing like that. Notice how far back in the box he was.

There is no bat drag, and I would bet he is hitting an off speed pitch in that clip.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
HLP , nothing weird like that one swing where his back foot is a mile above the ground. What the front leg does, doesn’t matter. The front leg is a style issue. The back leg is a different story.

giphy.gif

I will post another of his swing.

I agree with you with Rich's pattern but not what the best are doing... Shawn, both legs are used for leverage in the hlp against both hips extending.. Much more then a style thing !!

May 12, 2016
Front leg is definitely more than just style. Pitch height dictates what angle the barrel travels around the body, I thought this was obvious. Of course there are exceptions, some hitters are more handsy, hitters get fooled and need to use their hands more etc

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think you guys misunderstood me, the front leg is style what it does up to toe touch. Clemente for example pinched his knees together as the hips/back leg is loaded. The load is the absolute, what the front leg does is style. 😜

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2